Latest public beta version of MailWasher Pro 1.1.2

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
gnunan
Student Sheep

Re: Latest public beta version of MailWasher Pro 1.1.2

Mon May 23, 2011 5:16 am

Hi,
Chris1808 wrote:You do have the option under settings-> updates enabled :?:
Firewall access allowed?
Yes :) and yes - unless there is some special executable that does the update check and not MWP itself. There are a couple of files in C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ (updates.aiu and updates.aiu.part) that have been updated recently (since I installed 1.1.2), but I have never been told of any update (and not, of course, that I would expect to have been since 1.1.2 was installed).

Greg.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 am

gnunan wrote:Yes :) and yes - unless there is some special executable that does the update check and not MWP itself. There are a couple of files in C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ (updates.aiu and updates.aiu.part) that have been updated recently (since I installed 1.1.2), but I have never been told of any update (and not, of course, that I would expect to have been since 1.1.2 was installed).

Greg.
Executable is located in folder for Common Files, see Help for location. Since your Updates.aiu files are changing you are probably OK as is. Beta versions will not show up.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 25, 2011 1:43 am

gnunan wrote:Hi,
Chris1808 wrote:You do have the option under settings-> updates enabled :?:
Firewall access allowed?
Yes :) and yes - unless there is some special executable that does the update check and not MWP itself. There are a couple of files in C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ (updates.aiu and updates.aiu.part) that have been updated recently (since I installed 1.1.2), but I have never been told of any update (and not, of course, that I would expect to have been since 1.1.2 was installed).

Greg.
If you right click the updates.aiu file and click Properties >> select the Security tab >> select your username in the list at the top....can you then post a screenshot, or email one through to me at forums@firetrust.com

The reason the updates aren't working for you, is it cannot complete the updating process, it should be replacing updates.aiu with the new updates.aiu.part, however this will be failing (perhaps a permissions issue) and so MailWasher will be constantly looking at the old file thinking you're up to date.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 25, 2011 1:56 am

gnunan wrote:Well, the new version of DataGrid still hasn't fixed the problem of reversed mouse wheel scrolling when using page-at-a-time first reported back in July 2010 (see http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6575).

Is there any chance that this will ever get fixed?
I'll try and see if programmer has time to look into this once we've got spam reporting tidied. If I recall it's WPF doing this, not just the DataGrid. More griping about it can be seen here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4297 ... plications though I don't have any kind of invert option he mentions in the post.
greshoff
Travelling Tuatara

Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 pm

If I install the full beta installer over my 2011 v1.0.67 will it still be registered after the install and will I be able to install final releases over the beta without issues?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 pm

greshoff wrote:If I install the full beta installer over my 2011 v1.0.67 will it still be registered after the install and will I be able to install final releases over the beta without issues?

Yes and Yes, ought to be no issues. Even when you uninstall MailWasher you're prompted to keep data files or not, so Registration will always be kept unless you opt to wipe your data files. Re-registering though also should work no problem if for any reason there is a loss of information like that.
gnunan
Student Sheep

Fri May 27, 2011 10:25 am

rusticdog wrote:
gnunan wrote:Hi,

There are a couple of files in C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ (updates.aiu and updates.aiu.part) that have been updated recently (since I installed 1.1.2), but I have never been told of any update (and not, of course, that I would expect to have been since 1.1.2 was installed).

Greg.
If you right click the updates.aiu file and click Properties >> select the Security tab >> select your username in the list at the top....can you then post a screenshot, or email one through to me at forums@firetrust.com

The reason the updates aren't working for you, is it cannot complete the updating process, it should be replacing updates.aiu with the new updates.aiu.part, however this will be failing (perhaps a permissions issue) and so MailWasher will be constantly looking at the old file thinking you're up to date.
Hi,

Hmmm, well I can't post a screenshot because my username doesn't appear at all in the list for updates.aiu! I see that, as you thought, updates.aiu.part has today's date and is being updated ok.

In updates.aiu.part my username has Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, Read and Write, but not Special Permissions. Both updates.aiu and updates.aiu.part Administrators and SYSTEM have those same permissions whilst Users have just Read & execute and Read. BTW, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate edition (32 bit).

I could try adding the permissions for my username if you want. It does seem odd that I have installed at least 4 versions of MWP (without uninstalling the previous version) and have always had this problem, yet the date of the updates.aiu is just after I installed version 1.1.2, so it seems to be being updated ok at install time.

Thanks,

Greg.
gnunan
Student Sheep

Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am

rusticdog wrote:
gnunan wrote:Well, the new version of DataGrid still hasn't fixed the problem of reversed mouse wheel scrolling when using page-at-a-time first reported back in July 2010 (see http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6575).

Is there any chance that this will ever get fixed?
I'll try and see if programmer has time to look into this once we've got spam reporting tidied. If I recall it's WPF doing this, not just the DataGrid. More griping about it can be seen here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4297 ... plications though I don't have any kind of invert option he mentions in the post.
Great, thanks, it's driving me insane!

Greg.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 am

And it's an Administrator or User Account ?

You can see this via Control Panel >> User Accounts ....
gnunan
Student Sheep

Fri May 27, 2011 10:47 am

rusticdog wrote:And it's an Administrator or User Account ?

You can see this via Control Panel >> User Accounts ....
Administrator...

Greg.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 27, 2011 11:10 am

And just so I'm not screwing anything up (as I've not had a lot of sleep) ....if you open the updates folder and then in MailWasher go Help >> Check for Updates >> the updates.aiu file is not deleted and it's time stamp remains unchanged ?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am

gnunan wrote:Greg.
As a TWA you might check your mouse software and see if it supports Application specific actions. MS Intellipoint has such an option.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
frank
It begins with a single step

Fri May 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I installed the latest beta version directly over the old version 1.0.67 no dramas. However whenever the beta version is opened it starts to download the emails from the email accounts, but freezes after a number of emails. ie it states there are 10 emails and indicates which one it is downloading, but freezes after say number 5. When the program is clicked off and restarted it continues but again freezes after a while.

I unistalled the beta version and went back to version 1.0.67
No problems with the download and evaluation of the emails from the email accounts.

Any similiar experiences.
gnunan
Student Sheep

Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 pm

rusticdog wrote:And just so I'm not screwing anything up (as I've not had a lot of sleep) ....if you open the updates folder and then in MailWasher go Help >> Check for Updates >> the updates.aiu file is not deleted and it's time stamp remains unchanged ?
That is correct (and a new updates.aiu.part does get downloaded).

Greg.
gnunan
Student Sheep

Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi,
Sidewinder wrote:
gnunan wrote:Greg.
As a TWA you might check your mouse software and see if it supports Application specific actions. MS Intellipoint has such an option.
Thanks for the idea, but there are no such options in my mouse driver.

Greg.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”