Can't set-up MW for Android

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Can't set-up MW for Android

Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 am

I have tried EVERY configuration - but I get the same message - "Your email provider has indicated your email settings are not correct..."
I have tried setting it up as suggested on the laptop link to Android - to no avail - same message - I have Hotmail or Outlook live - I KNOW it is supposed to be outlook.office365.com - IMAP - 993 - SSL - I tried various others as well - SAME message - Can ANYONE help - the Support staff seems to have ghosted me - and I am tired of having to save up all my spam email and wash them when I get back home to my laptop.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Can't set-up MW for Android

Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:40 am

Hi

Can you try setting it up with an app password to use instead of using your usual password.

1. On the Security basics screen https://account.microsoft.com/security , select 'Advanced security options' box, then 'Get Started'.
2. On this new page, scroll down to 'Additional Security' and Turn on 'Two-step verification'.
3. Launch the Set up two-step verification wizard by selecting Next.
4. The next screen prompts you to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app, which lets you tap in an approval notification to give an app access to your Outlook account (no password or code required). For our purposes, select Cancel to move on to setting up two-step verification.
5. Follow the instructions to enable two-step verification.
6. After this, you'll see an option to set up an app password. Select 'Create a new app password' and you'll be presented with a password you can use in MailWasher.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:59 am

Thank you for responding - however- we must have something different here in the US - I've attached SCREEN GRABS of what it looks like when I click on the Security basics screen https://account.microsoft.com/security - and then what it looks like when I click on Security Options. Also, in order to avoid my browser recognizing me - I used another browser that I NEVER use with email so nothing is stored - Vivaldi.
AND also Screen Grab 3 is from Firefox which has my info. of course, stored as it is what I mostly use - And I don't seem to have the options you have listed. I guess MW Pro can not be used with Hotmail on Android?
Attachments
FT MW Issue 1.jpg
FT MW Issue 1.jpg (39.45 KiB) Viewed 13441 times
FT MW Issue 2.jpg
FT MW Issue 2.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 13441 times
FT MW Issue 3.jpg
FT MW Issue 3.jpg (55.03 KiB) Viewed 13441 times
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:22 pm

Hi,

It should be all the same globally.

You might already have 2-step authentication enabled, so on the security basics screen it should show you the app password option further down the screen.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:26 am

+_2022-09-20-16-18-16.png[/attachment]

Thank you - but as I said I can't get past logging in - so a Password means nothing to me - I have attached a screen grab from my phone - maybe I wasn't clear the first time - If I CAN NOT get past THIS SCREEN - I can not use MW on my Android - Is there someone who can just set it up for me? since NOTHING else works!
sathyme
Student Sheep

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:27 am

Here is the attachment again - it didn't show up in the post it seems.
Attachments
Capture+_2022-09-20-16-18-16.png
Capture+_2022-09-20-16-18-16.png (82.47 KiB) Viewed 13395 times
sathyme
Student Sheep

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:28 am

And the "dotted password" you see is the NEW one I made base don your 2-step verification so that doesn't work here either AND YES I also have tried with my REGULAR email password and even a New one and YES the email settings are correct - SAME ONES I use for MW on my laptop
neptane
It begins with a single step

Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:50 am

Exactly the same for iPhone - exactly. I have been fighting with this app for months. Nick has tried to help but I am tired of excuses!
When it works it is great security in not letting emails display unless allowed to do so. What a GREAT marketing opportunity! But...the same excuses over and over for YEARS!
My overall point is that if Firetrust has an app that doesn't work, that has so many complaints, that has not been updated for YEARS, then why even bother to have the app?
For gosh sakes just give up and take it off the app store until the darned thing is FIXED!
Continuing to have this junk on the app store just makes Firetrust and Kiwi expertise look...well....pretty awful.
IainL
It begins with a single step

Wed May 17, 2023 5:05 am

I was unable to log in on my iPhone, I was pasting in my password. I then typed it in, and it worked. This may be obvious to most, but it helped me at least.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”