IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Re: IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Nick,

This is not a critisismn, so please do not take it the wrong way,as I, and I am sure all testers appreciate the hard work you and the team are putting into MailWasherMobile.

For me the latest iteration of MWM is virtually unusable, for the following reasons:
1. Almost 2/3rd's of emails not giving "Block/Friend" options. Only "delete"
2. Too many button presses to categorise emails, Freind/Delete etc.
3. Wash not working as before, after washing going back and checking still showing all previous categorised emails until sometimes 1/2 hour or so later.

The other query, is this only me or are there other testers having the same or similar issues.

Waiting till the next release with baited breath.

Dave
iPhone 5S IOS 8.1.2 (Not Jailbroken)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2, Android Version 4.0.4
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Laptop
Mail Washer Pro 2012 7.4.1
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 am

Hi Dave

Appreciate the feedback and yes we'll be changing it back to what it was before as it's very cumbersome at the moment (Our UI experience guy was away for 2 weeks so we fiddled a bit after suggestions from other testers - and that's the result), or giving people the option of a long press to show a menu with Friend/block. The not washing problem will be rectified when we have a recycle bin because at the moment we have to mark an email for delete, go and successfully delete it from the server, then report back to the user interface that it's deleted - so it may have had a problem not deleting it. When we have a recycle bin, it will send it straight there and we can delete it in the background.

Nick
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I guess from your reply that it is not just me that has this experience then, makes a change, as it is usually something I have not done properly.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 am

Howdy Nick,

Will the contents of the recycle bin be kept on your server or on our devices? I'm assuming it will be kept on your server so that any of our deices running MW Mobile will be able to access the same recycle bin, but, if not, will we be able to set the saving location to the SD card?

I'm glad y'all are exploring the long-press to display a menu. That seems to work well for other apps and should resolve the pages-back discussion of how to provide a device independent method for accessing the menu.

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 pm

HI Tony

The recycle bin contents will be kept on our servers so you can access it anywhere. The problem with a long press is that people don't know it's there, so they have to discover it.

re: pages back discussions - we probably should start a new thread for each topic so as not to annoy others on this thread... :)
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 am

daveadams wrote:Hi Nick,

This is not a critisismn, so please do not take it the wrong way,as I, and I am sure all testers appreciate the hard work you and the team are putting into MailWasherMobile.

For me the latest iteration of MWM is virtually unusable, for the following reasons:
1. Almost 2/3rd's of emails not giving "Block/Friend" options. Only "delete"
2. Too many button presses to categorise emails, Freind/Delete etc.
3. Wash not working as before, after washing going back and checking still showing all previous categorised emails until sometimes 1/2 hour or so later.

The other query, is this only me or are there other testers having the same or similar issues.

Waiting till the next release with baited breath.

Dave
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the link to the Android download.

With reference to item one above, recently I have not had this problem at all, is this a fluke, or has something been fixed?

Dave Adams
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 am

Yes, we fixed it on the server. Good to hear it's working for you now.

Cheers
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 am

Yes, we fixed it on the server. Good to hear it's working for you now.

Cheers
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 am

Howdy Nick,

Periodically yesterday. last night, and this morning when I've tried to open MW Mobile on my cell phone, I've been presented with a blank black screen. After a while, I get a pop-up window that says my phone can't connect to the MW server. If I try later, sometimes I get the black screen again, sometimes MW Mobile opens right up as normal with all functions working normal as well.

Are you making active changes to the server, or is there a problem at my end? Because no-one else seems to be posting about this server drop-out, I am concerned that there is a problem with my app. All other Internet connections and services using my cell phone work normally. I only access MW Mobile via wireless connections, so I am assuming there is no problem with my cell phone service provider (Verizon) affecting my accessing your server.

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 am

Hi Tony

Our host got hit by a DDOS, so all our websites and services were up and down all day. All seems normal now, but we'll need to scale our services across different hosts/countries to make sure it's up all the time
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 am

Howdy Nick,

Sorry to hear about your server host. That would explain the slowness of this forum refreshing this morning. A DDOS attack is a wicked intense weapon to use against your host. I hope they get it sorted out. Sorry Firetrust got caught in the crossfire — collateral damage in somebody else's war.

As of this afternoon (my time) opening MW Mobile still displays a blank black page, but after about one second it opens up normally. The momentary lag must be a residual effect from the DDOS cleanup.

Tony
michaelkenward
Guardian Gecko

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:16 am

I have just come back to trying the beta version of the Android app. I installed it but nothing works.

Is there a simple step-by-step guide to setting this up that reflects changes since this beta phase started two years ago? Even the first message in this thread is thin on details.

I have tried login in from my Nexus 4 phone using a new account, my old account and various alternatives. The phone first complained that it could get at the server, now it shouts "Invalid username or password" whatever I try.

My guess is that it is something simple, but that all you experts have lost sight of the newcomer when it comes to writing instructions on how to join the fun. Getting those instructions right now is an important step in preparing for the day when, or given progress so far if, the software goes public.

Nick's messages alongside the beta releases are especially cryptic. For example, they tell me to create a new account, but that's it.

The usual strategy with beta tests of software is to have a "New beginners start here" sticky post that is regularly updated as the beta progresses.

I see no such message. Have I missed it?
MK
MW Pro 7.5.0 Lifetime licence.
Android 1.4 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4

Windows 10 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e AHCI SSD + Corsair 16GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz Memory
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:19 am

Beta testers are expected to be a lot more technical than your average user so an newbie guide should not really be required. :devil
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 am

Hi MK

We've thrown out the old user system so you'll need to re-create a new MailWasher ID. This new MailWasher ID needs to be created with an email address and a password.

So click on 'Create Account' in MW Mobile 2.0 and add your email accounts. MW Pro doesn't sync to it yet.
michaelkenward
Guardian Gecko

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Hi MK

We've thrown out the old user system so you'll need to re-create a new MailWasher ID. This new MailWasher ID needs to be created with an email address and a password.

So click on 'Create Account' in MW Mobile 2.0 and add your email accounts. MW Pro doesn't sync to it yet.
I did that. It got me nowhere.
MK
MW Pro 7.5.0 Lifetime licence.
Android 1.4 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4

Windows 10 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e AHCI SSD + Corsair 16GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz Memory

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”