IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:05 pm

ok Good to hear. This new 2012 version is not on public release yet, so that's why you didn't get the update. It's purely to give you sync to this mobile version (which is also not general public release)
jpmarch
Student Sheep

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:15 pm

nick.bolton wrote:@ jpmarch - If it's the install which is failing (what was the error message?) then did you send me your UDID? This is needed as we have to add it to the .mobileprovisions file. It's an Apple requirement while beta testing. See here how to get your UDID and then send it to me at nick.bolton@firetrust.com http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-ip ... ifier-udid

@ davedams - Thanks. We haven't added in notifications yet but we will do soon. Should have a new version on Monday with SSL as we got that working this week.

@ Tony, as Sidewinder mentioned, you'll need this version to sync accounts - http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 102012.exe
At the moment we don't have the admin tools to alter your account details but we'll do it pretty soon. In the meantime just create another account with a random email address and we can fix that up later as the email address is only used for retrieving your password at the moment.
Sorry Nick, you're right, I realized that forgot to send you the UDID related to my new iPhone 5 .... my fault !! It probably caused installation process failing since .mobileprovision file wasn't updated accordingly.
I just sent to yr email my idevice UDID.
Thks & Rgds

Jean-Paul
jpmarch
Student Sheep

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 pm

jpmarch wrote:
nick.bolton wrote:@ jpmarch - If it's the install which is failing (what was the error message?) then did you send me your UDID? This is needed as we have to add it to the .mobileprovisions file. It's an Apple requirement while beta testing. See here how to get your UDID and then send it to me at nick.bolton@firetrust.com http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-ip ... ifier-udid

@ davedams - Thanks. We haven't added in notifications yet but we will do soon. Should have a new version on Monday with SSL as we got that working this week.

@ Tony, as Sidewinder mentioned, you'll need this version to sync accounts - http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 102012.exe
At the moment we don't have the admin tools to alter your account details but we'll do it pretty soon. In the meantime just create another account with a random email address and we can fix that up later as the email address is only used for retrieving your password at the moment.
Sorry Nick, you're right, I realized that forgot to send you the UDID related to my new iPhone 5 .... my fault !! It probably caused installation process failing since .mobileprovision file wasn't updated accordingly.
I just sent to yr email my idevice UDID.
Thks & Rgds

Jean-Paul
OK Nick, it WORKS now after receiving yr .mobileprovision file updated w/ my UDID !!
Thks & Rgds

Jean-Paul
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:55 am

Hi Nick,

Noticing a couple of minor issues.

When I tap the account button, top left, it brings up a list of accounts with the respective email total for each account, when I then check the account there were fewer emails than indicated, this appears to be intermittent and have only noticed it with a few emails i.e. indicates 2 and only 1 showing. Although if there were several then in all honesty I have not actually counted/checked.

Also after going through the emails and blocking/friending if I don't immediately wash and go to another account or mishit buttons then the blocking/friending is lost.

A bit of a pain when you have just categorised 50 plus emails.

Dave
iPhone 5S IOS 8.1.2 (Not Jailbroken)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2, Android Version 4.0.4
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Laptop
Mail Washer Pro 2012 7.4.1
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 am

Howdy Nick,
This new 2012 version is not on public release yet, so that's why you didn't get the update.
A stealth release. Wicked cool!

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

@ Dave - It depends on when it's doing the checking in the background and the number indicates new emails since you last checked.

The app should remember any marks for delete, friends etc if you're switching between accounts. I can't replicate your issue here. What phone are you using?
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Nick,

I can replicate it by hitting the account button instead of Wash. The phone is an iPhone 4 IOS 6.0, as in my signature.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
waiwhite
Student Sheep

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm

G'day,

I suddenly noticed that my Mailwasher for the iPhone had stopped working. It would get to the opening screen and go blank. The last notification I received was for version .02. Using the link in that last e-mail I kept uping the version number and discovered that I could get to version .05 before I got a 404 error.

Is it OK to follow the same instructions to install version .05 of the app?

Also, are upgrade notices going to come through e-mail or via this forum?

Thanks.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi, there. Yes install the 0.05 version. I did send an email about the update to everyone, but it seems not everyone got the email.

4) How to install the app
------------------------------------
1. Download the zip file for your device
a). iPhone: http://cdn.firetrust.com/apps/mailwashe ... e-0.05.zip
b). iPad: http://cdn.firetrust.com/apps/mailwashe ... d-0.05.zip
2. Unzip the file. There should be two files inside: a file ending with “.ipa” and a file ending with “.mobileprovision”.
3. In iTunes, on the left column, go to Library>>Apps Drag the .mobileprovision file to this window Drag the .ipa file to this window
4. On the left column, go to Devices>>then your iPad You should be on the 'summary' page (along the top), then click on the 'Apps' page Find MailWasher in the list and check the box.
5. Click the 'Apply' button at the bottom right, Click the 'Sync' button at the bottom right.

Mailwasher should be on your device.

5) How to remove an earlier version of the app
---------------------------------------------
Find the MailWasher icon on your device, press and hold the icon until it wiggles and displays an x in the corner of the icon. Press the x and you will be promoted to delete MailWasher.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 am

Howdy Nick,

First — I like the new trash can icon that changes to a gray can when ticked in the MW Pro beta. Makes it easier to see which items have been selected to delete. Works well in the MW mobile app, too,

My question has to do with copying and pasting in the MW mobile beta. On Android devices, to copy text you should press and hold over the text you want to copy. This action highlights text, either a word or a line usually, with two pointers, looking much like the tabs of a slide micrometer gage, one at each end of the highlighted text. The pointers can be expanded to include more text or compressed to exclude text. Highlighting text I can do in the mobile beta. However, the next step, copying the highlighted portion, I cannot do. Normally in the Android OS, you then press and hold over the highlighted text and a window pops up offering you several alternatives (depending on what program you are in), including Copy. Pressing on highlighted text in the MW mobile beta simply removes the highlight without copying the text.

Am I missing a step in the mobile beta? If not, is the ability to copy text something that will be part of a future build or something that will not be available?

Tony
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 am

daveadams wrote:Hi Nick,

Noticing a couple of minor issues.

When I tap the account button, top left, it brings up a list of accounts with the respective email total for each account, when I then check the account there were fewer emails than indicated, this appears to be intermittent and have only noticed it with a few emails i.e. indicates 2 and only 1 showing. Although if there were several then in all honesty I have not actually counted/checked.

Also after going through the emails and blocking/friending if I don't immediately wash and go to another account or mishit buttons then the blocking/friending is lost.

A bit of a pain when you have just categorised 50 plus emails.

Dave
Hi Nick,

Had a couple more since the above, not sure if you have had any other issues with the server, so just checking.

I can replicate the above when viewing the email then going back, any previous mails marked are unmarked, have a timeout message and parsererror message come up a few time, mainly when not on WiFi, so maybe a network issue. Also the app has frozen a few times now, cured by closing down and restarting.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 am

Sorry for the late reply - long weekend here and I don't have an Android phone at home (nor an iPhone for that matter).

@ Tony - I agree the new delete icons on the MW Pro are much better. On our Android devices here, we can copy item although we have made some changes. We'll have a new version out this week so I'd be interested to see if this fixes anything for you. Also, do you have all the updates for your phone?

@ Dave - Still can't replicate it here, and I'm running the same phone. We'll have an update this week and I'm running a later version, so perhaps that's the difference.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks for your reply Nick. Hope you had a fun extended weekend. Guess y'all didn't get the Columbus Day extended weekend down there.

I've got the latest updates, although they latest were from Verizon (my carrier), not Google. I look forward to trying out your next version.

Tony
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for replying, we appreciate that you and your team are acting and reacting to feedback.

Further to the problem you cannot replicate, waiting for the next release patiently, I had the same problem occur again today, this time I was trawling through 70 odd mails blocking and friending. This time I received a call and after it completed I was taken right back MWM automatically and all mails were unmarked again.

Hoping the next release resolves this and wish upon wish we can import filters from MWP perhaps.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 am

we should have a new release today. But it's odd that you're getting this behaviour as all those interactions are stored server side, so if you login to your account on another phone it will show the exact same items you've marked for delete.

Filters will be added, but a bit down the list :)

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”