IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Re: IOS - iPhone, iPad, iPod - MailWasher Beta test

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 am

Hmmm that is weird if the mails don't stay marked on my phone, more than likely I have not done something right my end. Although this was something I had in release 4 as well. It does remember mails that have been blocked and washed previously, but not before I have washed them.

Dave
iPhone 5S IOS 8.1.2 (Not Jailbroken)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2, Android Version 4.0.4
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Laptop
Mail Washer Pro 2012 7.4.1
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 am

We've got a 4S with IOS6.0 on it here too, but try http://node.mailwasher.me and see if it happens there
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 am

OK have been playing a bit more now, if I mark the mail directly on the server then all behaves as should. If I mark a mail on the app on my phone and then check mail again before washing the marked mail, then although it shows unmarked on the phone app, it is still marked on the server. Conclusion is, its a problem with the app on my phone. No biggie and hopefully the next release might resolve it.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

Howdy Nick,
On our Android devices here, we can copy item although we have made some changes.
Not sure what you see on your screens. I have found out how to copy text in MW on my Galaxy S3. Once I highlight text, several icons appear in the top right area of my display. One of them looks like two sheets of paper overlapping each other with what look like text lines running horizontally across the top page. I took that to be a symbol for copying, and when I clicked on it, a small, dark pop-up notification window appeard saying that my text had been copied. Having done that for a URL in the viewed e-mail, I opened Firefox on my S3 and, after tapping on the URL window, was offered to paste what was in the clipboard. I did, and the URL I had copied from the e-mail in MW opened right up.

So it was my unfamiliarity with how copying worked, not the lack of the capability within MW. The way you have it set up in the present beta works fine. I'll work on improving the tester's observational abilities at this end.

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:50 pm

@ Dave, talked to the developers and we've fixed this, hence why I'm not seeing it now.
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 am

Wow Nick, that's impressive, fixed before I posted too I bet.
Guess one of the team noticed it before I did.

Any news on version 5 yet?

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Version 0.05 was the one already out, but we wanted to release 0.06 last week but found a late SSL bug with GMail on the server side, so we're trying to fix that.

This is what's new
- SSL on POP3, so you can use GMail, Hotmail etc
- Links in preview work now
- Android auto complete removed – it was blocking the view, and speeds it up too
- Compact view is default
- Clicking on an email takes you to full preview with block and friend button in preview screen now
- Show 1-3 body lines option in main screen
- Check All accounts option
- Larger strike area for delete button, plus sharper icon
- 'Setup Account' is now 'Setup MailWasher ID' (for syncing)
diogenes
Active Albatross

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Android Galaxy Nexus. Just downloaded and installed .06
Finished processing the first list - designated as friends.
Now the messages won't open again for re-reading.
Closed MWM and wiped it out of the widgets list.
Then the messages became readable.
Went to a second account.
Came back to the first accounts.
Messages again locked from reading.
Exited and came back.
This time the messages remained readable.
Something funny.
--
Ralph E Kenyon Jr - Philosopher
Retired Navy, former IT consultant and programmer, now retired.
http://www.xenodochy.org
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm

SSL for POP is nice but I access 90% of my accounts via IMAP, any news on when we will get IMAP support?

Thanks.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
daveadams
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 am

Hi Nick,

Version 6 now installed, have noticed 1st problem thus far, in that I am not getting an option to friend or block when I tap the email. This is not on all emails, just the odd one now and again.

Dave
Mail Washer Mobile 2.0.0
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:53 am

Howdy Nick,

After following the instructions, I was successfully able to sync up all of my non SSL accounts with MW beta 0.06, but none of my SSL accounts. I have MailWasher Pro 2012 beta version 1.20.03.02102012 installed and working fine on my main computer. I deleted the old cloud.dat file from my MW user files. However, when I try to sync my accounts, the sync program runs down through all of my non SSL accounts, then pops up en error message at the first SSL account it hits saying, "Unable to connect to the server". I've changed the order of my SSL accounts, and, whichever order, the sync program stops at the first SSL it runs into.

One is a Gmail account, and I have checked my mail in that account. There is no 'VerifyPopAccountFailed' message, but I went ahead with Gmail's "Allow a new application to access your account" procedure, anyway. No change.

Also, your removal instructions for the MW app on my Galaxy S3 do not work.
5) How to remove an earlier version of the app
---------------------------------------------
Find the MailWasher icon on your device, press and hold the icon until the screen changes to show an uninstall icon, most MailWasher to this icon and confirm the uninstall.
On my system, holding down the icon in the Applications screen offers some options, but not uninstall. It will also create a shortcut icon in the main window. To uninstall the app, I have to go into Settings, then scroll down to the Application Manager, then scroll down to MailWasher (the apps are listed alphabetically), then long-press on the app to bring up the screen with the option to uninstall.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 am

@ Ralph - I can't replicate this using the web site http:\\node.mailwasher.me and I don't have an Android phone here right now to test, but I'll test it in the office when I'm there later.

@ Annie - You can still use POP for all your account checking since it's only showing you a copy of the messages on the server. I use IMAP for all my accounts, but use POP on Mailwasher (POP on Mailwasher Pro is a bit faster too). We're likely to release it first without IMAP, then add IMAP shortly after.

@ Dave - yes I've seen this on one of my emails. We'll get it fixed.

@ Chariot - It may be that you still have the older version on your phone. You an also just install the new version over the top of the old version and that should work. I'd try and remove the cloud.dat file again, but first shut down Mailwasher Pro, remove the cloud.dat file, then restart Mailwasher Pro.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 am

Some initial observations:

1. Please keep the version number on the display. Us old farts like the reassurance that we've got the new version.

2. The install is fairly complex and, although betas will deal with this, the general public will probably decide that it's more than they care to deal with. So, I assume that the account sync process will be streamlined.

3. The install instructions are getting better and better. Thanks.

I haven't had enough email since the install to really exercise it. The mass occurs first thing in the morning for me, so I'll be better to evaluate later.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 am

@ Carl - yes the install is complex, but once it's in the app store it's like any other app - easy to install. We'll re-work the GUI for Mailwasher Pro as well.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am

In the production versions of both MWM and MWP, will the iPad need to be connected to the local computer for the sync, or will this be a server function?
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”