Testing results

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
filterboy1
Student Sheep

Testing results

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:54 am

Hi,

This is my report on my first testing using an ipad3:

- it does not use the existing lists (friend / black list) to set status of email items when the app is opened up
- it does not use the existing lists (friend / black list) to set status of email items when the check function is used
- it does not delete spam email when the wash function is used ( it does remove them from the screen)
- it shows email items which have been deleted

You mention "We'll invite you to Trello.com, a free service for giving feedback and ideas. You'll also get insight in to what we're working on feature wise." how can I see that?

Fred from PA
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Re: Testing results

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 am

Hi, Fred-

I'm another beta and I've also noted these problems. It's my understanding that the mobile beta has a three minute delay cycle which is supposed to be removed in an upcoming version. If you're using the Mail app on an iPad, the Mail app, itself, should be set so that when you delete an email in Mail, it actually deletes it instead of delaying for a preset time. Check your Mail settings for this.

This is a beta in very early stages, so a lot of the features we enjoy in the PC version aren't present. I think a lot of the activity for this app occurs on servers at Firetrust instead of on your device, so a lot depends on what's going on at the Firetrust server level.

The way I sign on to Trello is to enter "www.trello.com" on the address line. This should bring up a display which includes the Trello forums to which you've been authorized. In this instance, it's "Mailwasher Mobile beta test". I think this assumes that the folks at Firetrust have authorized you. There was a Trello link in the email I got from Firetrust that did my initial log on to the Trello forum. If you've kept that email, you should click on it so that you can do your Trello setup.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 am

Hi, sorry for the delay here. We've had lots of people away with a really bad flu, I was away for 3 weeks but we finally managed to get everyone back on board mid-week this week. All going well, we'll have a new mobile version out next week with multiple accounts and more setting screen options, also a version of Mailwasher Pro which will sync all your settings to the mobile version.

One of the developers who wasn't away or sick spent most of the time continuing to make the backend scalable and setting it up on our production servers.

We're aware of the bugs reported by people and this next version should fix blank screens and other anomalies.
filterboy1
Student Sheep

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 am

cfheinz wrote:Hi, Fred-

I'm another beta and I've also noted these problems. It's my understanding that the mobile beta has a three minute delay cycle which is supposed to be removed in an upcoming version. If you're using the Mail app on an iPad, the Mail app, itself, should be set so that when you delete an email in Mail, it actually deletes it instead of delaying for a preset time. Check your Mail settings for this.

This is a beta in very early stages, so a lot of the features we enjoy in the PC version aren't present. I think a lot of the activity for this app occurs on servers at Firetrust instead of on your device, so a lot depends on what's going on at the Firetrust server level.

The way I sign on to Trello is to enter "www.trello.com" on the address line. This should bring up a display which includes the Trello forums to which you've been authorized. In this instance, it's "Mailwasher Mobile beta test". I think this assumes that the folks at Firetrust have authorized you. There was a Trello link in the email I got from Firetrust that did my initial log on to the Trello forum. If you've kept that email, you should click on it so that you can do your Trello setup.
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot that most of the application is curently on the server, not on the device. Nick added me to the trello site so now I can see and post to the beta test.

Fred

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”