MailWasher Android version, testing results

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MailWasher Android version, testing results

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Ok, that's been deleted now.

usernames are not case sensitive, and we'll probably make the password box optionally visible.
SSTSylvain
Modérateur française

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:50 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Ok, that's been deleted now.

usernames are not case sensitive, and we'll probably make the password box optionally visible.
Ok, ... now the user id and login work. :-) Thanks :thumbsup :bow :bow :bow

Did the password have a max number of character ?
SSTSylvain
Moderator, Translator, Beta Testor
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Good to hear :)

username: MIN (4), no MAX
Password: MIN (6), no MAX
paulf7619
Mystified Moa

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 am

Nick
The mobile version on my Google Nexus 7 just has one "annoying issue" Whereas most of my other apps can recognize when the tablet is being held in landscape mode Mailwasher mobile "insists" in staying in portrait mode. Hopefully an easy fix.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes we disabled this during development as we wanted to concentrate on some other aspects, but we'll eventually add it back in although it's some extra work to get it working
diogenes
Active Albatross

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - In many cases I cannot see the whole email address on either the compact view or the message display view.

We need some way to see the entire email address as a touch and pop-up on the compact listing or in the header on the full message display.

I've placed a few such message in the test email account.
Last edited by diogenes on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Ralph E Kenyon Jr - Philosopher
Retired Navy, former IT consultant and programmer, now retired.
http://www.xenodochy.org
diogenes
Active Albatross

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 am

I've noticed that the toggles on the friend / block on the message display screen and on the summary listing (swipe) are not 100% synchronized with respect to the color and the trash check-mark. I put a message in the testing account. From: IPad Education.

I can mark it friend, and the color will go green. But un-marking it friend removes the checkmark but turns the color back to red.
Works the same with both friend toggles. marking and unmarking it block does not change the color back to neutral. I tried exiting the mailbox to another mailbox, and then returning to the test account. The red color is retained.
--
diogenes
Active Albatross

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - With a full load, after pressing wash, the compact summary screen goes blank. It does not reload the next group of 25 messages until I switch accounts and return to the account. Then I can mark the messages, wash, and it's blank again. It does not even show the friend messages that were left in the previous listing.
--
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks Ralph

Good sleuthing!
We'll try and figure out something with the email address as it's important to be able to see it if it's junk given that many spam forge the name, and after all this is an antispam app.

Thanks on the point about not being able to get back to neutral - yes I can replicate that too.

We've got a fix in place for the last point.

Cheers
Nick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

Diogenes: That message which won't go back to neutral has been caught by an RBL so it's always marked as spam. We'll need to add a badge or something to signify it.
diogenes
Active Albatross

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - More wrong new message counts.

I run MailWasherPro 6.5.4 on my windows XP machine. (It works MUCH better for me than MW201? in terms of interface and functions.)

I have a lot of "automatic delete" spam filters that delete matching messages every 17 minutes.

When I open MWM in the morning, and I check my status, I get huge numbers for the number of new unread messages.
It's clear that the process that notices new messages does not decrement the count when it detects that a previously counted message is no longer on the server, or it fails to detect the removal from the client email server.

This morning I had about 260 or so count on one account, but my iMap message client reported I only had 25 unread messages. The remaining 235 or so messages had been automatically deleted from the server by MWP 6.5.4, but MWM did not report the correct count of new messages. I assume this is an issue with your server code rather than with the MWM app itself.
--
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 am

Oh, thanks for that. We'll take a look in to decrementing the message count.
diogenes
Active Albatross

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - With a full load, after pressing wash, the compact summary screen goes blank. More info
It appears that the screen update doesn't happen until after the end of the three minutes between checks.

I waited past the three minutes, and one of my good emails still on the site showed up in green. The rest - still there - did not.

Another time, after the 3 minutes, the display came up showing only the sidebars ("Friend" - "block" icons) for several messages.

Another time, after much longer than 3 minutes, 25 messages showed.

It appears that the reloading of the screen after wash, when there are more than the 25 limit in the queue, gets preempted by the email check.
When there are less than twenty-five messages on the screen, repainting the screen after wash with the remaining good message does not require reloading more from your cache.

Process wash envelope should be:Save queue size in pre-wash_queue_size; wash, "if (pre-wash_queue_size > 25) then update pre-wash queue size and reload [the next 25] from queue (without new email check) else display remaining queue (25 or less);
--
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks Ralph

We realise there are some issues with the grid at the moment, so we've done quite a few changes and it's much faster and fluid (actually it holds millions of entries easily now). We'll try and replicate what you're seeing anyway and fix.

Cheers
jftaylor
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am

I managed to add one account but the next 2 with 2 other providers would not pass the first hurdle. I got the VerifyPopAccountFailed' error for both. Different providers but the same error. I* am not getting the Gmail message as I wasn't using Gmail - Spamarrest and Mail.com were the ones I was using and I manually input the pop addresses.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”