MailWasher Android version, testing results

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MailWasher Android version, testing results

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Ok, there must be a problem with the settings as that is a message back from the ISP saying that it couldn't verify the login credentials. Do you want to try and sync the settings from Mailwasher Pro instead?
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 am

Version V0.08

I’ve been using MW Mobile since 12/12/2012 and I think it is working. Of course, many of the email addresses and domains I blocked from MWP on my computer are now making it back into my inbox. I turned MWP off so I can get a feel for how MWM was working. Look forward to being able to sync the blacklist on my computer with my mobile.
I noted that my battery is draining a bit faster than normal. I disabled auto checking in my email client and that seemed to resolve the issue. I’m guessing having both MWM and K-9 checking is taxing the battery. I did turn the auto checking back on and sure enough I’m loosing battery life quicker. I can usually go about 18 hours with light to moderate use. With both checking email, it’s down to about 12 hours.

Two features I hope are coming are 1) New Mail Notification via MWM and 2) being able to launch the e-mail client from MWM, much like you can do with MWP. On my computer I rarely have Outlook open. I just launch it when needed.

Over all, it appears to be working. Hoping to get it onto my wife’s phone as well because she’s being hammered. She’s new to the whole smartphone thing and has just started getting into using it for email. Being able to sync her blacklist will be a bonus.

Steven

(Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 with stock Jelly Bean v4.1.1)
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 am

Hi

Next version you'll be able to sync your blacklist. I don't think MWM will be draining the battery too much as it's hosted so all the checking is done on our servers and you just get the updates when you check-in. In saying that we'll be adding in notifications and email launch as you suggest
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks!
diogenes
Active Albatross

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - Some of the messages that are pre-marked as spam (colored pink) are coming up without the check-mark in the trash box. Tapping the trash icon is ignored in these cases. I can not get the check-mark to appear. These messages are being deleted when Wash is pressed. I noticed this on the previous version, and I confirmed it twice on the latest release. Also, when I slide the message summary aside to get the friend-block screen and I tap the block icon and am returned to the message summary screen, the check mark is there, and the trash icon check-mark now functions normally. This time the message is not deleted if the check-mark is not there.
--
Ralph E Kenyon Jr - Philosopher
Retired Navy, former IT consultant and programmer, now retired.
http://www.xenodochy.org
diogenes
Active Albatross

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 am

Android Galaxy Nexus - I have a message that is not marked pink. It is from a friend, but the friend button would not mark it as friend.
I put a copy in the test mailbox. It still behaved the same way there (unresponsive). However, when I removed MWM from memory and re-opened it, the friend-block screen now performs as expected.
--
Ralph E Kenyon Jr - Philosopher
Retired Navy, former IT consultant and programmer, now retired.
http://www.xenodochy.org
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 am

Thanks Ralph, we'll see if we can replicate it here today. Someone else mentioned that messages were marked pink, but no delete check mark.

Cheers

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”