Installed on Google Nexus 7 Tablet

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
paulf7619
Mystified Moa

Installed on Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 am

Nick:
Just an initial report. I downloaded and installed the App (.apk) into my Google Nexus 7 tablet and the installation went fine. I set up Mailwasher to access my home E-mail account (as I do at home with Mailwasher Pro on my desktop).
Running the app it accessed my E-mail and I was able to tag mail to be deleted. It took me a couple of seconds to figure out that if I did a long tap to "open" the E-mail I could then tag it as either block or friend. I would like the ability (as exists with the "main" program) to tag a friend or blacklist as either the e-mail address itself or the domain name as a whole.
In setup the mobile version does not ask you for an E-mail program to call up after washing so I did not expect (and didn't get) any activation of an E-mail program which, for me at least, is not an issue since with the mobile application I do like being able to cull the chaff from the wheat (or the spam from the real mail) and call up the mail later when I have time to read it.
The program exited smoothly when I finished.
One question I have....I am running Mailwasher Pro 2010 at home...I don't think I ever received an E-mail from Firetrust announcing the 2012 version. When did it come out?
Paulf
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Installed on Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Paulf
Good to hear it's working well. It's still in beta so there's more features to come, so for example selecting an email address or domain.
The 2012 version came out about this time last year, although some people using earlier versions had problems updating but we'd also email everyone as well.
paulf7619
Mystified Moa

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Nick:
My mistake - I had posted the comment while at work and, when I checked at home, did find that I was running Mailwasher Pro 2012 - sorry about the confusion.

One question - if I mark an E-mail as "block" in the Mobile version is this the same as "bounce" in the "full" version? Really like the bounce feature as it (eventually) reduces the amount of spam I get.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Paul,
No, it won't bounce emails. The bounce doesn't really work anymore as most spammers just forge the return address so the bounce goes nowhere.

Nick

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”