Mailwasher Mobile Android Not Deleting/Washing Emails

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
mwTater
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher Mobile Android Not Deleting/Washing Emails

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

I've installed the latest (4/06/13) version of Mailwasher Pro and Mobile for Android and setup my email accounts (2 Gmail and 2 regular accounts [all are POP accounts]). I synced my friends and blacklists and they do show up on my smartphone (Droid X2). When I open the Android MW app up and check my email it pulls in email that I have already either blacklisted or friendlisted before and washed. They keep coming back!! I checked my accounts online and they are gone! But like a bad zombie movie... they're back!!

Seems like the washing part doesn't work at all. It looks like it does (you see the little process wheel) and the emails clear out of the view window. All looks good until you close and reopen MW Mobile app up again. The same emails come back. :help

Also I've noticed that seems like a problem is that while the Mailwasher Pro for Windows has POP and SMTP account settings, the Mobile version only has POP. I would think that in order to actually delete emails from your servers that you would need SMTP permissions. :scratch

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
mwTater
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Mailwasher Mobile Android Not Deleting/Washing Emails

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 pm

mwTater wrote:I've installed the latest (4/06/13) version of Mailwasher Pro and Mobile for Android and setup my email accounts (2 Gmail and 2 regular accounts [all are POP accounts]). I synced my friends and blacklists and they do show up on my smartphone (Droid X2). When I open the Android MW app up and check my email it pulls in email that I have already either blacklisted or friendlisted before and washed. They keep coming back!! I checked my accounts online and they are gone! But like a bad zombie movie... they're back!!

Seems like the washing part doesn't work at all. It looks like it does (you see the little process wheel) and the emails clear out of the view window. All looks good until you close and reopen MW Mobile app up again. The same emails come back. :help

Also I've noticed that seems like a problem is that while the Mailwasher Pro for Windows has POP and SMTP account settings, the Mobile version only has POP. I would think that in order to actually delete emails from your servers that you would need SMTP permissions. :scratch

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
mwTater
The problem is twofold, first is how GMail handles POP. The second is that MWM is using the GMail "Recent" function which effectively looks at ALL mail. FT is looking for a solution to this issue.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
mwTater
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Thank you, Sidewinder for your reply. I do hope that MWM does get updated to be functional under android for POP/SMTP/IMAP.

mwTater :)
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Is it by design that MWM does not auto delete/wash email that is blacklisted? MWP will auto delete when I fire up my computer. If this is by design is there any plans to change this?

Thanks
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes, at the moment we won't add auto-delete in there until we have the recycle bin operational, which is coming in a new version soon. Next version will have notifications of new email, plus fixes for some annoyances in the current version.
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:19 am

Awesome, thanks.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”