Resync All

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Resync All

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:49 am

In MW Mobile I very much like being able to slide my finger down the screen within an account and having that account reync with the server, removing e-mails from the list that I recently downloaded or deleted using my e-mail program or MailWasher Pro on my primary computer. However, there seems to be no way to do that from the main page listing all accounts.

I have a lot of e-mail accounts, including separate work accounts and distinct personal accounts. When MW Mobile opens in my Android phone app to the main page listing all of my accounts with the number of new e-mails beside them, I frequently am shown that there is one new e-mail in one account, three in another, and so on down the list. In actuality, there may be only one new e-mail in one account or none at all in any account. To find out which, if any, accounts have new e-mails, I end up having to go down through the list of accounts, opening each one, and sliding my finger down within it to resync. If there is no way to do this for all accounts at once, can there be (in a future release)? Perhaps sliding our finger down the screen on the main account page?

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Resync All

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:23 am

On IOS there is an All Accounts selection and when I go there and sync it does so for all accounts. Of course the Account that the email is in is not displayed but it does sync all.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks for showing me how to resync with the All Account selection Sidewinder. I wish I figured that out before posting.

I never really used All Accounts because I thought it would just show me a jumble of all e-mails from all accounts at once, which it does. Opening All Accounts also resets each e-mail account to zero new e-mails.

But now that I know that, I guess the way to achieve what I want is to resync via All Accounts right before I leave so that there are no lingering new e-mail enumerators. Then any new e-mails will actually be the only ones numbered.

I should've thunk of that.

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 am

I not sure but I think that the indicators do not accumulate over time but only reflect the count that occurred when they sync the information on the servers so you will only see the most recent sync by the servers.
My thoughts are that it should accumulate over time and show the total incoming since the last time the Account was displayed.
Also it would be beneficial to be able to observe the Account Name for each message.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 am

We're looking in to letting you choose a color for each account as an indicator
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 am

Also it would be beneficial to be able to observe the Account Name for each message.
Yes, I completely agree. As is in All Accounts, we have to open an e-mail in the list, and then open it's header info to find out which account received the e-mail. Listing e-mails under a heading for the account they belong to might be easier than including the account name for each individual e-mail.

Tony
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 am

The individual color idea would be great! How many colors would be available?

Tony
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am

The individual color idea would be great! How many colors would be available?

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:19 am

I'm not sure at this stage, probably as many as you want :) We'd have it so the color was a vertical bar on the left of the message, and you'd also see it in the drop down list of email accounts as a reminder.
blackrose
It begins with a single step

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 pm

I never really used All Accounts because I thought it would just show me a jumble of all e-mails from all accounts at once, which it does. Opening All Accounts also resets each e-mail account to zero new e-mails.

But now that I know that, I guess the way to achieve what I want is to resync via All Accounts right before I leave so that there are no lingering new e-mail enumerators. Then any new e-mails will actually be the only ones numbered.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”