Parserror

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Parserror

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:08 am

I have an Android phone with the latest MWM installed. Earlier this morning (maybe midnight your time) MWM stopped working. I was presented with a blank white screen. Eventually, a red banner appeared across the top of the screen with white letters announcing Parserror. I tried rebooting several times with no change in MWM's operation. I waited an hour and tried again. No change.

What was strange — I would periodically receive notifications that I had received new e-mails, even though I could not open the program.

Now it is yet later, but this time MWM opened, albeit somewhat slowly. I could switch from account to account, but again slowly. Each account was littered with e-mails I had already washed away in MW Pro or downloaded to my e-mail program on my PC, thus removing them from the account's server. When I pulled down in an account window in MWM to resync that account, I was presented with another banner announcing that MWM could not connect to the server. Curiously, it would subsequently resync.

Is there something wrong with MWM at my end, such as a corrupt program meaning I must reinstall, or is there a problem at your end? It's not even the weekend down your way, so this glitch is totally unexpected.

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Parserror

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 am

I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Parserror

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for the link Sidewinder.
. . . delete any spam off the server that's in the most recent 100 emails (the parse error is caused by a rogue character in a spam email).
My washing (and bouncing) spam from MW Pro earlier must have cleared the parse error for MWM. All seems fine now. At least now I know what's causing the error and how to fix it.

Tony

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”