MW on Android very slow

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
ianhaynes
Mystified Moa

MW on Android very slow

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 am

I've just got a tablet running Android 4.2.2 and installed MW. It's very much slower than the mail app in loading email and when you've washed the email, doesn't launch or show the mail app.

There are no obvious settings to change the latter.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MW on Android very slow

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:11 am

Hi

We've had a number of users say it's very slow, and we've still not working out why as we're not able to reproduce this although we do know that us adding SSL for security increases the delay by a lot. At the moment it only checks email every 15 minutes in the background, so perhaps that's what you mean by slow, but we are re-writing it at the moment to increase speed and integrate it with results from Mailwasher Pro so checking is instant. There's no setting to launch the mail app after a wash at the moment.
ianhaynes
Mystified Moa

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 am

No, it's the process of picking up the email that's very slow compared to the mail app, not the 15 minute timing. Anyway, good to know it's being worked on.Thanks.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 am

Right, it checks the mail when you login and then after every 15 minutes, but if you're using it and pull down to refresh then it will check every 3 minutes. We did it like this initially because services like hotmail and others only allow you to check 5 times every 15 minutes, but we'll work on improving this so it's instant. When we introduce IMAP that should be instant.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:38 am

nick.bolton wrote:Hi

We've had a number of users say it's very slow, (....)
You can add me to the party... :facepalm Seeing very slow reactions on a brandnew Nexus 7 32GB, running Android 4.4 here. For instance, pressing the back button in MWM after opening an E-mail, doesn't seem to work at first. :think Only after an unacceptable myriad of time the mail-grid re-appears. :crazy

Of course: there's always the Android Back-button, as a workaround.... :idea: Could there be some interference between those two??
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:10 am

I"m finding that too. Yesterday we fixed an SSL problem, so I'm wondering if it's related to that. Since I can replicate it being very slow now and so can you, I've asked the developers to investigate - perhaps we're on the same server and there's a problem there .
Al Darby
Guardian Gecko

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

It's not just Android, same thing on iOS7. Just sits there, spinning it wheels on Syncing ....
Al
I come from a LAN downunder

3.6GHz Core i7 | 24GB RAM | 6TB HDD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | VMWare for WinXP
(WinXP Mode Sux)
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Yes we know. MW Mobile is hammering everything with a lot of load so we're just trying to work out why
Al Darby
Guardian Gecko

Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:09 am

Don't know why, but it seems better tonight.
Al
I come from a LAN downunder

3.6GHz Core i7 | 24GB RAM | 6TB HDD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | VMWare for WinXP
(WinXP Mode Sux)

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”