A New Feature?

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

A New Feature?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 am

I noted in the past that emails deleted elsewhere remained in the MWM display. As an experiment, did a drag down on the display. The display corrected itself after using from one to three attempts.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: A New Feature?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:54 am

See the same thing here. I think that the first swipe most likely brings down the existing content from the FT server storage and then triggers a new FT server based Check Mail.

Then when you swipe the second/third time if the actual email server has changed you then get the update.

It's almost as if you have to at least double swipe if you have been inactive on the device. I think that if you stay on the device it will then continue to update MWM until you again go idle.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 am

For me, it generally happens when I've stayed on the iPad, but have done other tasks before returning to MWM. I haven't closed the MWM task using the task delete function.
Carl Heinz
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 pm

When you pull down to refresh, it tells the server to check for new email, then when you pull down again, it goes and gets those new emails which have been downloaded. We could hold the connection open to wait for new emails to come in, like when you add a new email account - but it locks up the display for a while. There's other ways, but they will take a lot longer to implement but we'll likely go down the route eventually as it will be useful for other apps.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks. Now that we know the pattern, we'll be better able to use the app. Perhaps a note to the other betas who might miss this thread will help them, too.
Carl Heinz
fosberbmarc
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:21 pm

It would be great if it would update automatically but pulling it won't hurt too.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”