Many issues with latest ios version

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
willydoit
Mystified Moa

Many issues with latest ios version

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi all,
Is anyone else having huge problems with the latest ios version of mailwasher? I have it installed on an Ipad 2 with ios 8 and am finding the following issues.

1) unable to preview some email content
2) no longer able to follow links in emails
3) unable to even select/copy web links in previewed emails
4) doesn't show all emails when checking for new mail
5) have noticed a few times that after washing, emails not selected for deletion no longer show even though they were not selected for deletion.
6) after washing emails screen shows no emails, have to tap screen to get them to display again.
7) can check mail select all for deletion, wash mail and upon refresh I get a whole load more emails that weren't shown the first time.

Previous releases of the IOS version worked fine yet this version is so flawed I may have to stop using it if fixes aren't applied soon. The ios version at least on my device has definitely gone backwards to the point of being unreliable at best and becoming close to unusable.

Please advise if these are known issues that are being attended to.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Many issues with latest ios version

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:24 pm

(1)- (3) MWM has since inception been a text based preview e.g. No HTML.
(4) - (6) Not seeing those problems on my iPad 4 w/iOS 8.
Could you be having a memory shortage or comm problem?
Are you running the latest release 2.0.0?
Nick can provide you with the development plans.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi

Are you seeing the same issues if you go to the web version at https://mailwasher.firetrust.com ?

4) At the moment we're only showing the most recent 25 emails, if you delete some, then the older ones will load in. We'll change this number of new emails shown to a higher number soon
5) Not see this before.
6) We've seen this in some instances. We'll get it fixed
7) See point 4.

Is this an IMAP or POP3 type email address?
willydoit
Mystified Moa

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi,
thanks for reply, the account is pop3 I believe, it is certainly run as pop3 but I seem to recall we had some issues when trying to add the accounts to the mobile version and we were instructed to try to add them as imap but that could relate to google accounts which still dont work anyway.

I will check when back at home where the ipad is.

I am surprised by sidewinders comment that the mobile version has always been text only as I was sure that previous versions used to allow you to follow links within the emails. The inability to do this or to even copy the links is a big inconvenience, if it is possible to implement it would be a huge improvement.

I havent tried using the web version, I will try that over the next few days.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 am

We'll add in copy/paste plus link activating in the near future. It' hasn't been a bit request because people just use MW to screen their emails mostly
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:30 am

Active links in Spam can be hazardous to your devices, email solution etc. Not a great idea for those who cannot discern the bad guys.
Maybe make it an option that is Off by Default on install.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”