Samsung Android display problem

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Hoopguy
Mystified Moa

Samsung Android display problem

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 am

Often when receiving updates on my phone I see the new E-Mail title, but the displayed content below is from a previous mail (from before the refresh).
Just touching the mail instantly displays the correct content, but often also opens the mail as well.
I guess this is to be expected, because normally you would touch a message to open it, but I would much rather this "bug" was sorted so that I can see new mails, with the correct content.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Samsung Android display problem

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:01 am

Thanks for letting us know, we had another user with this too and it's interesting that it seems to be a display issue. What version of Android are you using there?
Hoopguy
Mystified Moa

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:41 pm

HI,
I am using Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on a Samsung Mega GT-I9205
The old version of Mailwasher worked fine. *smiles*
Hope you can suggest a fix.
Thanks.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Do you have Google Chrome on your mobile? If so, can you open it and go to https://mailwasher.firetrust.com and login there. Does it show the same behavior?
Hoopguy
Mystified Moa

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:03 am

I am currently using Mailwasher via Google Chrome as suggested.

No problems so far after two days of use.....

I will report back in a few days if all still fine then.

I have saved the Chrome page as a link on my homescreen allowing me to go directly there just as easily as using the App link, so no problem accessing this way.

Thank you for the suggestion, however if you do find a fix for the App in the meantime please let me know and I will happily test it. :)
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks for letting me know, the app is actually just a web page made to look like an app, and in that version of Android it uses a different browser for the Android operating system, so there's some compatibility issues there it seems.
Hoopguy
Mystified Moa

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:14 am

I have tried using Mailwasher both with the "App" and via Chrome for around a week now and I can confirm I have no problems when using Chrome, but still have problems when using the "App"

I will continue with Chrome now until you let me know that the App has been updated to display correctly (assuming this can be done)

Maybe it would be good if in the App settings there was a choice to set it to work via Chrome?

Thanks again for your help.

I have been using Mailwasher for several years now and still find it extremely useful. :-)
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:56 am

Thanks, I wonder if this might help http://android.stackexchange.com/questi ... lt-browser

I'm not sure if it will make all web based apps use Chrome, but will be interesting to see if MW Mobile works properly afterwards. There's also an Android app called 'Default app manager' which can be useful

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”