Login issues

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Login issues

Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm

There must have been a recent update. Now I am trying to log in on my iphone 5C. MW Mobile doesn't accept my firetrust username (email) and password. I can't put in the username (not my full email) that I use to login to this forum. It insists on an email as username.

I can see in Firefox exactly what my username and pwd are. I do not want to reset the password and then have to remember to reset it everywhere. This is really annoying. What to do? Should I contact support privately? Thank you.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Login issues

Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Hmm, that's odd. When you created your Firetrust Login (for MW Mobile), it consists of an email address and a password. You can go to 'Login' screen and then click the link 'Reset Password' and you'll be sent a new temporary password. When you enter it in to MW Mobile, you'll be prompted to change it to your password you want to keep.
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 am

Is the login different for mobile?
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Sat May 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Well. Even though I have used Mobile in the past, after the (apparent) update, it didn't know me and didn't even recognize my email address. I had to register, not login. So I did.

Just wanted to bring things up to date. It is working ok now except I still have to pull the screen down 4-5 times to get emails to show up. No response to this message is necessary.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat May 16, 2015 5:00 pm

If you had an old version, yes we changed the login system because people remember an email address more than a username.

When you pull down once, it goes off to the server to get your email, that can take a few seconds, then when you pull down again, assuming it's got your email then it will display on your mobile. If you use IMAP, instead of POP3 to get your email, it's much faster.

sorry for the late reply
garfld
Travelling Tuatara

Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Ok, thanks!

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”