Must refresh 5 times

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
gestryn
Student Sheep

Must refresh 5 times

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 am

Hello,

I have not found a topic identical to this, am I the only one with this problem? When I open MW mobile on my iPhone 6, it first brings back old messages, which have already been downloaded in my PC (Thunderbird), or otherwise deleted from the server. I have to refresh several times. After the 4th refresh (generally), it says "no new emails". Another refresh then brings up new messages. It works but it is laborious.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Must refresh 5 times

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:12 am

The reason it does this is because when you pull down to refresh, it needs to go off to the server, login and retrieve the emails. This can take a while, like when you download emails to your email program. Then when you pull down again, it will show the emails that it retrieved.
gestryn
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:08 am

Thank You Nick, so you are saying it is normal. However the desktop version does not behave in this way, I would have thought that on being opened, the app would do what you say, and if it has to take longer than on my computer, it would just keep me waiting a while and then show the new emails from the first time, instead of requiring multiple refreshes.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:18 am

The desktop app talks directly to your mail server<s>, MailWasher Mobile talks to firetrusts servers that then talk to your mail server<s>, you have to wait for firetrusts servers to get the data before the data can be sent to the app.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 pm

I agree we need to probably show some status of how the email is being retrieved, something we'll look at doing.
gestryn
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:59 am

Thank you
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 pm

I've also noticed that once emails have been retrieved, I usually have to do at least one more pull down for the email flags to appear.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”