Is there a limit to the displayed emails?

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
sabarnett
Active Albatross

Is there a limit to the displayed emails?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 am

I currently have 15 emails showing in MailWasher mobile. In the last 40 minutes I know I have received another 7 emails, because they have appeared in my mail app. However, none of them have appeared in MailWasher mobile. I keep refreshing, but they do not show up. They're for the same email account as those currently displayed in MWM.

I've seen this phenomenon before, though I didn't think to count the number of emails in MWM. As a result, I've received many spam messages before I got the chance to delete them through MWM.

If there is no limit, is there something I can do to improve the refresh rate, so I let through less spam? Closing and restarting the app doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks
Steve
sabarnett
Active Albatross

Re: Is there a limit to the displayed emails?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 am

Guess it's not a file limit. The missing emails turned up one and a half hours after they were sent.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am

Are you using IMAP or POP3 to collect emails? I know POP3 can have some limits around how many times it can be accessed within a time period, whereas IMAP doesn't have this limit. But, we have had other users also say this too, so we're looking in to it.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Also, there's a limit of 25 emails shown at a time. We'll get to the bottom of the other problem first, then increase the number of displayed emails. We had it like this because Windows Phone's performance is not too good when there's lots of emails, but not many people are using Windows Phone...
sabarnett
Active Albatross

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:37 am

Thanks for the response. All of my email accounts are setup as POP3.

The problem isn't entirely consistent. Some days, like yesterday, I can't get MW to update for between 15 and 30 minutes (this time it was 1.5 hours). Other times, it updates instantly. Usually the first I know of the problem is when I get a clean list in MW and get a load of junk mail in the Mail app.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 am

Ok, I know that POP3 with Outlook.com/Hotmail.com has a limit of checking 3-5 times in 15 minutes across all devices, otherwise it won't check. If you change to IMAP then these limits do not exist
sabarnett
Active Albatross

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks, it's not outlook.com or hotmail, but that doesn't mean the limit doesn't exist with my hosting service. I'll try switching away from POP3.

Thanks
Steve
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:01 am

Yes a lot of ISP's now use Outlook.com as their email service now. It should be pretty simple to switch to IMAP - just some settings to change in the email accounts page

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”