Can't sync to mobile - H-E-L-P

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Al Darby
Guardian Gecko

Can't sync to mobile - H-E-L-P

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Something is royally stuffed up. MWM stopped working on my mobile and will NOT accept my email and password (which I know are correct).

Tried Resetting Password from my mobile, but NEVER got the email with the temporary password ... NADA ... SFA

Tried creating a new login, but that failed too. Running out of patience here. Tried removing and are-installing MWM on my iPhone ... no joy

Not happy Jan!
Al
I come from a LAN downunder

3.6GHz Core i7 | 24GB RAM | 6TB HDD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | VMWare for WinXP
(WinXP Mode Sux)
Al Darby
Guardian Gecko

Re: Can't sync to mobile - H-E-L-P

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 am

Well, I can't begin to explain why, but the problem has rectified itself. All is good again.
Al
I come from a LAN downunder

3.6GHz Core i7 | 24GB RAM | 6TB HDD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD)
Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | VMWare for WinXP
(WinXP Mode Sux)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:23 am

Al Darby wrote:Well, I can't begin to explain why, but the problem has rectified itself. All is good again.
Al, there was a server outage. All is good again.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Spmmehere
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 pm

I have a related, but different question regarding Syncing and MWPv7.7 and iOS9 MWM v2.

I am new to MWM, but have been using MWP for years.

When I sync my MWM, it will get the friends list, but it does not download the Blacklist. I have been careful to insure the blacklist was selected in MWP and then sync'd until I received the icon of the green circle with a checkmark in it, which I presume means the sync with the server was successful. I also sync'd all of my email accounts (I have ten accounts that I manage with MWP).

I have tried downward swiping my email lists, both "All Accounts", and individual accounts, and MWM reports sync is successful, but when I go to the account settings page, and select "blacklist" it does not list any of the items I have flagged as spam in MWP.

I also noticed, that although MWM did download my "freinds list", it did not download anything that had the "*" wildcard. I did create a test wildcard entry in the MWM blacklist, but it did not flag the emails that matched the wildcard. The wildcard was *@aol.com.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi,

The blacklist and Friends Lists don't support wildcards at this time, that's slated for a version in the future.

Odd about the blacklist though, do any of the blacklist entries have any strange characters in it?
Spmmehere
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi Nick,

It is late and I am working from memory, but I would say that the blacklist is pretty straight forward, with most of the entries made automatically by MWP when just selecting a given email and then right clicking and either selecting "add to blacklist" or "add domain to blacklist".

I periodically go through both the friends list and the black list and delete entries that are no longer needed, and I don't recall seeing any that have unusual characters (by unusual I presume you mean symbols and punctuation (other than the ampersand or the period) and not the standard ASCI alpha numeric.

Is there a maximum number of entries that can be listed in either the friend or black list? I did notice that the MWM only imported about half of my MWP friend list?

Thanks,

Spm
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 am

Ok, MWM is only going to import the most recently matched entries, so that's why you'll only be seeing some of the entries. You'll see in the MW Pro blacklist options you can expire unused email addresses after X number of days, so that might be easier than manually pruning.

What if you manualy add a new test entry to the blacklist on MW Pro, does that get imported to MWM?

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”