Unable to login into MailWasher Mobile

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Behelith
Mystified Moa

Unable to login into MailWasher Mobile

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 pm

In MailWasherPro in settings/Sync I could not create an account.
There was no error message, just a dial rotating 1 second.
I guess an account was created for me during the ordering process but I never received the password.
So I reset my password and tried again, still not possible to login in MailWasherPro.
When logging in into the website everything works just fine.
I guessed that maybe my password was too long or contained characters that are not supported in the application.
So I reset my password again and made it simpler.
Could log-in into the website but still not in the MailWasherPro.
Tried to log-in into MailWasherPro Mobile but also failed.
In the mobile app I coulnd't even reset my password.

Trying to optimize my time with a software that would help me deal with spam, but now I'm loosing time with that.
Help plz!
Behelith
Mystified Moa

Re: Unable to login into MailWasher Mobile

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:29 am

Update:
On a second computer (win 10) I also can't login but I was able to create an account (that should already exist because I use it to log in into the website). After creating the account I was automatically logged in.
Since I was able to log in on one computer I supposed I wouldn't be a problem to log in on the other computer, but no it still wasn't possible.

On the win 10 computer the software wasn't able to detect my email account from thunderbird. So I have to manually enter all the data there while it was working on my win 7 PC.
While using the account creation wizard, even though I seleted imap as incoming server type after saving it was configured as pop server.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:54 am

Hi, can you download the latest version from https://www.firetrust.com/products/mail ... o/download and try again. That should fix things.
Behelith
Mystified Moa

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 am

That's the version I'm using
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 am

So, in Help>>About, you're using version 7.11.22 ?

Sounds like you're having lots of really unusual problems with it. I tried importing the settings with the latest version of Thunderbird and it bought the correct settings in (IMAP), although it didn't import the password, so that something we'll need to fix with this version of Thunderbird.

The mobile version is pretty basic but we're working on a new version at the moment.
Behelith
Mystified Moa

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Yesterday when I clinked on the link I got a download pop up for "mailwasher_pro_setup_7_11_10.exe". Today the filename is "mailwasher_pro_setup_7_11_22.exe"
After installing version 7.11.22 on my win 7 computer I could log-in into the sync account. On my win 10 PC I could also log-in (I logged out and back in to check).

On the win 10 PC I still can't import accounts. I checked the import function on both PC's (win 7 and win 10) by removing one account and launching the import wizard.
This has probably nothing to do with your software, I have (and have had in the past) much more issues with windows 10 than win 7.
FYI: It's the seventh time I'm tentatively switching to win 10 on a computer. Now MS is pushing hardware manufacturers not to create drivers for win7 anymore so I'm forced to use this broken OS.
Behelith
Mystified Moa

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Additional info:
The configuration of Thunderbird, the email accounts, the calendars and the address books is 100% identical on both computers.
I do believe that you have to deal with a lot of cases where the OS and software configuration is a complete mess, that's not the case on my PC's/mac's/linux'

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”