I am not able to configure mai-settings

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

I am not able to configure mai-settings

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:33 am

I try to enter the informations (the same than in the PC-Version, and they do work) in the Mobile-Version. I always get the message, that my informations are not correct. But they are.
I have Android Version 9, I use the most actual MailWasher from the Google Playstore.
My Mail-System is on www.pair.com
I tried IMAP, POP3, with SSL, without SSL, with Notifications, withour Notifications.
No success.
What is wrong?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: I am not able to configure mai-settings

Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 am

I've removed it from your MW Mobile account, try adding it back.

Be sure your username is entered as your full email address
Your server address is username.mail.pairserver.com (where username is your main account name)
The port is 993 as IMAP, with SSL selected.

If that does not work, try unselecting the SSL option, and use port 143 instead
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 pm

It does definitely not work with the app.
Why does it work with the Desktop-version but not - with the same credentials - on the adroid-version?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Very odd. Is there any feature with the mail provider that might block logons based on location ?
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 am

Really now? Why should this mysterious service only block your app but all mail-apps not?

Fact is: only the Mailwashe-App does not work.
All other apps that enter the mailserver do work. But not Maileasher.
It was a time that it worked. But since several weeks no more.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 am

HJLenzi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 am
Really now? Why should this mysterious service only block your app but all mail-apps not?

Fact is: only the Mailwashe-App does not work.
All other apps that enter the mailserver do work. But not Maileasher.
It was a time that it worked. But since several weeks no more.
As MW Mobile checks from our servers, the IP addresses are different than your local machine.
Services like GMail, Hotmail etc.. offer protection when an unrecognised IP address tries to connect.

If you are sure the details entered are correct, unfortunately I cannot say then why it might not be working. I don't have access to any of your details or the errors you receive.

If it's easier, you can try accessing the account from here https://mailwasher.firetrust.com/#/inbox/0 and removing it/re-entering from there.
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

Tue May 07, 2019 5:16 am

Well, it is normal, that your mobile device has a different IP-Adress than your Computer at home .

I tried to enter my mail-access on https://mailwasher.firetrust.com/. No success.
What is interesting: you cannot choose if you want IMAP oder POP3, This opion is not enabled.

I tried to enter my mail account with several other web based interfaces: success.

So now I have no more ideas what on my side could be wrong.
The Computer-Version of Mailwasher is able to log in the Mail-Account.
Other web based Interfaces are able to log in instead of the interface at mailwasher.firetrust.com
On my mobile I can log in my mail with different Clients. With the Mailwasher App I cannot.

On my side I have done everythin possible. So please control on your side, if the login routine is really correct.

What informations do you need from me, that you can test, if the mistake is really not on my side?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am

Using IMAP or POP is selected by pressing either the IMAP or POP button in the settings window. The buttons are labelled IMAP and POP but probably don't look like buttons on the web browser.

Unfortunately we don't get much diagnosis info when the settings are incorrect - just that the email host has denied access and that the username or password is incorrect.
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 am

So then you cannot help me. I have not the impression that you even try. Sorry to say that.

But when there is no solution I have to look in the market what other solutions are around. I am free to renew my subscription on MailWasher or not.

So long and thank for the fish.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed May 08, 2019 2:13 pm

Sorry, we don't have much view in to why it's not working on the mobile version - we only get very limited info back from the ISP. The mobile version is free to use (unlike the desktop version which is paid) but we're currently working on a new mobile version to replace the current one as it's very basic.
HJLenzi
Student Sheep

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 am

Is already known, when the new (android) version will be finished. Can I joint to a beta test, if available?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 am

Sorry, not yet. It's going to be part of a mobile email client so we need to make sure it's going to be a really good experience. Still working on it.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”