Android Mobile App Development

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
kdilo
It begins with a single step

Android Mobile App Development

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 am

Is this product dead? Have been waiting for a version that allows spam bounce back feature.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Android Mobile App Development

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:16 am

Hi, no not dead, We've released an email client which forms the basis so we can add in anti-spam features. It has email encryption as one feature in it at the moment, then we'll add in anti-spam.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t.firemail

Bouncing used to work well for getting rid of spammers, but now days most spammers forge the return email address so the bounces go nowhere. It's still useful for people you don't like and newsletters though.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:18 pm

We're going to do an update tomorrow as you might find some email parts of this version a bit sluggish. The new version will fix all this so it's very responsive.
zeker
Student Sheep

Tue May 26, 2020 2:06 am

I'll give it a try, but am disappointed that you have strayed from previous model of spam program in front of email client. I use Outlook on PC and MW is great in combination. If you did the same on Windows by replacing the email client, I would likely leave, MW. I use Aquamail on Android. It would take a lot to get me to give that up. Will the existing Android client remain available (as limited as it is)?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 am

Sure, I understand. The problem we face on mobile is that you can't really integrate a well with the mobile client as you can on the desktop, and mobile clients will always auto check emails in the background bypassing Mailwasher. But you don't have to stop using Aquamail, because they both support IMAP then you'll get the same emails on both programs at the same time. Although, with MW we'll introduce filters to auto-delete spam.
zeker
Student Sheep

Wed May 27, 2020 1:23 am

I'm not sure I understand. On my android, I run MW, then Aquamail. Neither retrieves mail automatically, background or otherwise. That is a setting. This is with POP (my preference), not IMAP. It basically runs the same way on my phone as it does on my Windows PC (with a bit less MW features on the phone, of course).
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 am

Ok, POP is different and not many people run POP on their mobile (the default setup is usually IMAP). Well this email client of ours is no different really to the current MW in how it would work, except you can now also send emails since it's an email client.
zeker
Student Sheep

Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 am

Nick... let me make sure I understand. I can run the new MW app in POP mode with messages left on server, do the spam screening and deleting, then retrieve mail in Aquamail? If that works, it should work for me!
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed May 27, 2020 8:55 am

It doesn't have POP support yet, but IMAP will do exactly the same thing (show the emails & leave them on the server). But yes, it will do the same thing. It just doesn't have a blacklist/friendslist/filters yet
zeker
Student Sheep

Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am

Great. I've downloaded it and will set it up later and give it a go. Thanks.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”