Why is MW Mobile such junk?

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Darbre
Mystified Moa

Why is MW Mobile such junk?

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:41 am

As the owner of a lifetime MW Pro license, I was very surprised that the makers of that great product put out a POS product like MW Mobile. It has a 1.8 rating on the Play Store. Why would you want your name on such a product? It's apparently dead anyway, I think the date on the app is 2014. IMO, you should either make it work, or pull it down. You're better than that.

David Killeen
USA
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Why is MW Mobile such junk?

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:09 am

Hi David

Fair call, we've been working on a replacement for a while now. But as it happens we can't remove it because we have quite a few users of it still.
Wyndham
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 am

Do you really have people using this app? Either way, at the very least put up a suitable message in the App Store.

I have to agree with David. We’ve discussed this before...
iPad 12.9 2020 and iPhone X, using Latest iOS
I no longer use Mailwasher on my desktop PC as I 'wash' the emails on my mobile devices
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 am

Yes, we do have quite a few users of it still. I'm not disagreeing with you either.
We've been working on a replacement - at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t.firemail but it only has encryption at the moment as a feature, aside from being an email client.
Wyndham
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 am

😢
iPad 12.9 2020 and iPhone X, using Latest iOS
I no longer use Mailwasher on my desktop PC as I 'wash' the emails on my mobile devices
zeker
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:22 am

I use it and it serves my purposes. Could be better, yes, but please don't remove it. I tried the email client, but it is only an email client, as far as I can see, not a spam washer, and didn't move me away from Aquamail as my primary client.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:05 am

Don't worry, we won't remove it. We will be adding anti spam capabilities in to the firemail app.
larryjb
Student Sheep

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:35 pm

I see the app was last updated June 3, 2019, so more recent that 2014.

I use the PC version because it has the ability to autodelete spam before anyone else in the family sees it.

However, it seems to not sync "Friends", and I'm not sure how well it will synchronize me identifying spam from the app to the pc. I haven't tried that yet.

They said they've been working on a replacement, but they don't want to replace it because people are still on the old one? I sure wouldn't mind migrating to a new version if it synchronized better with the pc.
larryjb
Student Sheep

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:59 pm

I see the app was last updated June 3, 2019, so more recent that 2014.

I use the PC version because it has the ability to autodelete spam before anyone else in the family sees it.

However, it seems to not sync "Friends", and I'm not sure how well it will synchronize me identifying spam from the app to the pc. See below.

They said they've been working on a replacement, but they don't want to replace it because people are still on the old one? I sure wouldn't mind migrating to a new version if it synchronized better with the pc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: It does seem to update Friends lists, but it takes awhile.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”