Mailwasher Mobile Android

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Mailwasher Mobile Android

Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:48 am

Hi all

I am a long term user of many years with MW Pro on my desktop/Laptop and it is a game changer.

I installed MW Android from the Play Store a couple of weeks ago just before I went into hospital for hip surgery. I get loads of spam and MW is a necessity on my laptop/Desktop and I wanted to keep up on my phone to save having to take a laptop with me into hospital.

Anyway to cut a long story short I set up sync with my desktop to sync my mail accounts, Friends and blacklists. It has never worked and did not sync accounts and partially synced Friends and blacklists. I gather it does not sync Filters which is a shame.

Anyway I bore with this due to lack of time and set up the two most used accounts. These seemed to work although it is not clear how to initially download emails.

What I now have is a Trash which is full of old trashed email junk and I have no idea of how to clear it. I have looked on the website etc but can't find anything referring to Trash.

Anyone any ideas about the sync problem and the Trash problem.

Thanks in advance

Alan
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Mailwasher Mobile Android

Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:32 am

Hi,

If you have Gmail accounts or any other type of account which requires an app password, then it won't transfer across. You'd need to create a new app password for it.

As for the trash, it only shows the most recent 100 trash items and the old ones will drop off when new ones are added.
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:57 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The accounts which did not transfer were gmail, live.co.uk and outlook.com which tends to support what you say. The two that did appear were ones which are on my hosted domain. I have got round this by using email forwarding to my main account.

Any idea why all the friends and blacklists did not sync and it does not appear to mention filters anywhere.
m
Regards Alan
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:22 pm

The above has got top be either malicious or spam. Do not trust it.
Regards Alan
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:09 am

alanrwood wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:22 pm
The above has got top be either malicious or spam. Do not trust it.
It links to an Android or iphone "app" - which without a doubt either contains malware, or a bitcoin miner, or an ad blasing program. In any case, it likely contains an info stealer component.I reported that comment yesterday, but, it is still up.
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:24 am

sorry about the delay, was off on holidays.... deleted now... :)
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:16 am

The spam link is still visible in the altered quote by "Brill" from March 3, 2022.
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:29 am

I investigated this spam link. It leads to a weight loss pill promo page.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:24 am

Oops, so it is, gone now ta!
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:54 am

gingbat wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:24 am
Oops, so it is, gone now ta!
Thanks, Mate!
RLyon
It begins with a single step

Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:29 am

Hello, the link to MWPro for Android does not seem to work. You get a missing link search option for the Google store.

Thank you
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Re: -

Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:44 am

BBOitali wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 pm
HTC Touch HD утас Windows Mobile 6.1 үйлдлийн системтэй байгаа юм, өөрөөр нь Update хийх гэсэн боловч тодорхой бус шалтгнаанаар огт үйлдлийн системээ шинэчлэхгүй юм, хүмүүсийн хэрэглэдэг түгээмэл аргаар Haret ашиглан Android суулгах гэсэн боловч мөн л тусыг үл олов. Энэ талаар тусалж чадах уу?
This Mongolian text translates into this in English:
HTC Touch HD phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, otherwise it will update but for some unknown reason it won't update the operating system at all, the common method people use is to install Android using Haret, but it didn't help either. Can you help with this?

I searched and found that Microsoft discontinued the Windows Phone platform completely, many years ago.. Your phone's version 6.1operating system is from 2008. It probably cannot be updated because of lack of Microsoft support and is now just a relic.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”