please get rid of the task bar button

argosmedia
Student Sheep

please get rid of the task bar button

Sat May 16, 2015 9:44 am

I am trying out HideAway, but notice that it shows a button in the Windows task bar, as well as an icon in the icon tray. Why the taskbar button? When I close it, the program stops. I think the button is annoying. Please make it icon tray only.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: please get rid of the task bar button

Sat May 16, 2015 1:22 pm

argosmedia wrote:I am trying out HideAway, but notice that it shows a button in the Windows task bar, as well as an icon in the icon tray. Why the taskbar button? When I close it, the program stops. I think the button is annoying. Please make it icon tray only.
Yup absolutely, should be in the next version coming soon.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Also Argos, I'm getting bounces back from the forum trying to notify you of replies to threads you are subscribed to, may need to double check your email address the forum uses which you can do here http://forum.firetrust.com/ucp.php?i=pr ... eg_details

Many thanks
argosmedia
Student Sheep

Wed May 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I already wondered why I got no notifications. I just checked the forum and saw several replies to the topics I started. Weird, the address in my profile is correct. I also receive other mail to that address, as it is my main account I use all day long. Can you tell me what errors you got?
argosmedia
Student Sheep

Wed May 20, 2015 11:02 pm

rusticdog wrote:
argosmedia wrote:I am trying out HideAway, but notice that it shows a button in the Windows task bar, as well as an icon in the icon tray. Why the taskbar button? When I close it, the program stops. I think the button is annoying. Please make it icon tray only.
Yup absolutely, should be in the next version coming soon.
That's very nice to know!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 20, 2015 11:05 pm

argosmedia wrote:Hi, thanks for letting me know. I already wondered why I got no notifications. I just checked the forum and saw several replies to the topics I started. Weird, the address in my profile is correct. I also receive other mail to that address, as it is my main account I use all day long. Can you tell me what errors you got?
Just looked like a standard bounce, I'll let you know if I get them again
argosmedia
Student Sheep

Wed May 20, 2015 11:09 pm

I just received a notification of your reply, so maybe resaving my account details did the trick.

By the way, I just bought a license. I was happy to see our national payment method "iDEAL" as a payment option. That's very rare for a non-Dutch company. Nice :D
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 20, 2015 11:21 pm

NZ was first discovered by the Dutch, gotta show some love :mrgreen:

Return to “HideAway”