How to check if it works

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: How to check if it works

Fri May 29, 2015 8:41 pm

It should. Check first there isn't a strike mark through the rule, implying HideAway cannot connect to the server.

If it looks good and rule is enabled, try restarting the browser. I assume too you've got no rules that exclude anything right now and just filtering your entire connection/browser through another country ?
Erik
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm

rusticdog wrote:It should. Check first there isn't a strike mark through the rule, implying HideAway cannot connect to the server
There isn't
If it looks good and rule is enabled, try restarting the browser.
Did, closed Firefox down and run CCleaner before restart
I assume too you've got no rules that exclude anything right now and just filtering your entire connection/browser through another country ?
That's right, "redirect the Mozilla Firefox browser traffic through different country" that's all, no other change made from fresh install

3 tabs open in firefox
1. this forum
2. grc.com, list my "machine name" as egypt-srv.gobsn.net
3. http://ipaddress.com/, list my country as Denmark (ip address, location etc.)

would post screen shots if could upload to server

Erik
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri May 29, 2015 11:47 pm

You can upload image attachments when you post replies. If you go into the Traffic page in HideAway >> then load the IPaddress page >> go back into Traffic, is it showing as being filtered or listing under the Other category ?
Erik
Rattled Rabbit

Sat May 30, 2015 2:02 am

rusticdog wrote:...If you go into the Traffic page in HideAway >> then load the IPaddress page >> go back into Traffic, is it showing as being filtered or listing under the Other category ?
Was listed under "Other", program Ad Muncher, so added a rule for AdMunch.exe and ta-daaaa.....ipaddress.com now agree with grc.com that my location is egypt

So it was the ads on ipaddress.com that made the difference, thank you for your help :-)

Erik
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 30, 2015 2:11 am

Great, glad that mystery is solved :thumbsup

Return to “HideAway”