2nd licence

No1_49er
Mystified Moa

2nd licence

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:50 pm

I have two licences for two pc's that are used simultaneously.
How do I apply the second licence to the second pc? When I open the Licence tab on the second pc the details are shown for the licence of the first, after I log in as an existing user. Or do I really need to have two user logins i.e. one for each pc?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: 2nd licence

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:51 am

Hi there

Make sure you have Hideaway running on your first computer with yourself logged in, then login to your 2nd computer and it will ask you to either use the same profile, or setup a new profile. Choose to setup a new profile and you'll then be able to make new rules and enter the license key there.

That way, under the one logon you'll have two profiles, each can have separate rules if required.

Cheers
rd
No1_49er
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes, I have logged into the first computer. But, when I log into the second it does not give option to use existing or set up new profile.
Appears to log in and when I view the licence tab the licence of the first pc is shown.
Am I missing something?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Try using HA on the first machine, it will likely require an active filter to trigger. Will put forth suggestion we find a way to make it easier to enter another license, this seems unnecessarily difficult.
No1_49er
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Have tried your suggestion of setting a filter/rule, restarting HA on 2nd pc but to no avail.
That rule setting is shown with the licence of the 1st pc, and no option to set up a new profile.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Can you try using Hideaway on 1st computer, then login to Hideaway on 2nd computer, then go back to 1st computer and use it - do you get the prompt to setup a new profile then?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:28 pm

We're going to change it soon so that when you login to a new computer it will ask you to select an existing profile or make a new one. But it will remember your existing choice on that computer when it auto-logs you in
No1_49er
Mystified Moa

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:39 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Can you try using Hideaway on 1st computer, then login to Hideaway on 2nd computer, then go back to 1st computer and use it - do you get the prompt to setup a new profile then?
Yes, tried that. No prompt but did show what 1st pc was viewing, and licence detail still of 1st pc.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:41 pm

Do you mind waiting until tomorrow and we'll push this change out so it will ask you to choose a profile when you login. It's an automatic update and all you'll need to do is restart Hideaway - I'll let you know when. Sorry about this.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Ok, we've made the change. Just restart HideAway and you'll be prompted to login, then either use your existing device profile or you'll be able to setup a new one - "Add this computer", then type in the name.
No1_49er
Mystified Moa

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Well, yes, and no.
It goes something like this; "Houston, we've got a problem"

So far. Installed HA onto first pc, a laptop. Created a user profile (email address and password). Entered product key and activated.
Then your change.
Laptop still same. Restarted HA on 2nd pc, a desktop tower. Add device - the tower. Select Licence 'tab', enter product key #2 (for second licence) and activate. All seems OK.
Until I again select Licence tab and observe the key field empty. Notification that 'HideAway Trial' will pause in x minutes etc. etc. If I try to re-enter the key I am informed that the 'Licence key in use'. Then, if I hover the cursor over my login name I have an option to swap device. Desktop is shown as selected device, product key reappears in Licence Key window, but still have message about Trial version.
So, if the Licence Key has been accepted how can it be referred to as a trial version?
As 'rusticdog' said, this seems unnecessarily difficult!
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:41 am

Is it still the same if you restart Hideaway? Sorry for the problem, very strange. I'll send you a new key to give that a try

Return to “HideAway”