Rules - Explanation Please

Andrew42
Active Albatross

Rules - Explanation Please

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:00 pm

I have a rule with directs all internet traffic through Melbourne. I also have a custom rule excluding Outlook. When I review Traffic, Outlook is shown as operating via London while everything else goes through Melbourne. If I turn the Outllook rule off, Outlook is shown to be redirected through Melbourne. Turn it back on again and it goes via London again. Can you explain why this is? I seem to remember that when I developed the Outlook exclusion rule I was routing all traffic through London - could this be the reason?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Rules - Explanation Please

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Andrew42 wrote:I have a rule with directs all internet traffic through Melbourne. I also have a custom rule excluding Outlook. When I review Traffic, Outlook is shown as operating via London while everything else goes through Melbourne. If I turn the Outllook rule off, Outlook is shown to be redirected through Melbourne. Turn it back on again and it goes via London again. Can you explain why this is? I seem to remember that when I developed the Outlook exclusion rule I was routing all traffic through London - could this be the reason?
Yup exactly that. There's a visual bug where an exclusion rule still displays a country, despite their being no country in play.
Thanks for reminding me about this, I noticed it last night but didn't make a note about it and not sure it's on the programmers fix list. It will be now though :)

Cheers
rd
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:07 pm

For confirmation it's working as expected, just check the Action column. As long as that reads Exclude, then it's obviously working as intended.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Thank you for the very quick response and explanation.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Andrew42 wrote:Thank you for the very quick response and explanation.
No worries. Hopefully we get this fixed up soon.

Return to “HideAway”