Taskbar/Tray

User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Taskbar/Tray

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am

Why cant the icon be removed from the Taskbar and just have the one in the tray ?
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes, sounds like you just need to click Settings>>General>>Application and select, Minimise to, "System Tray" and click Save there.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 14280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Pancake wrote:Why cant the icon be removed from the Taskbar and just have the one in the tray ?
In HideAway if you minimise it using the - icon it goes into the taskbar, but if you use the x button it minimises into the tray
User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:47 am

Ok.Cheers.
Yes, sounds like you just need to click Settings>>General>>Application and select, Minimise to, "System Tray" and click Save there
Settings I have. General and Application I don't see ?
Last edited by Pancake on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:52 am

gingbat wrote:Yes, sounds like you just need to click Settings>>General>>Application and select, Minimise to, "System Tray" and click Save there.
haha, sorry, yes the above is for MWpro.... :)
User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am

That would account for the missing items. :lol:
User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Anyway...... When Hideaway starts it does put an icon in the tray but the Screen (My Rules) still remains on the desktop. If I hit the 'X' it still remains in place. If I minimize it will go down to the taskbar. In the taskbar if I click on close window it will shutdown taking the tray icon with it.
gmusgrave
Rattled Rabbit
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 am

I have the same problem: '_' minimises to Task Bar, and 'X' does nothing.

Also, my copy no longer auto loads when Windows starts – I have to start HideAway manually. Not sure if the two are related....
User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:47 am

gmusgrave wrote:I have the same problem: '_' minimises to Task Bar, and 'X' does nothing.

Also, my copy no longer auto loads when Windows starts – I have to start HideAway manually. Not sure if the two are related....
Go to Start->Run type in msconfig under the Startup tab see if the HideAway box is ticked.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 14280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Pancake wrote:Anyway...... When Hideaway starts it does put an icon in the tray but the Screen (My Rules) still remains on the desktop. If I hit the 'X' it still remains in place. If I minimize it will go down to the taskbar. In the taskbar if I click on close window it will shutdown taking the tray icon with it.
That's odd, when HideAway starts it should detect if there is an account and should start in the tray unless it doesn't have an account to log into.

This is from reboot starts or just any manual start of HA ?
User avatar
Pancake
βeta Tester
Location: Queensland,Australia
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:45 pm

Its all from a normal start and it logs into the account ok then it goes to My Rules
Last edited by Pancake on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey
Contact:
Posts: 14280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Taskbar/Tray

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Pancake wrote:Its all from a normal start and it logs into the account ok.
Bugger. Will ask the guys if they know what might cause this.

Return to “HideAway”