Teething problems new user - Help file doesn't help

alandben
Rattled Rabbit

Teething problems new user - Help file doesn't help

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Ok, I give up. Just installed, paid, registered, set up BBC iPlayer redirect. (Brit living in NL, this is one of the few things I want Hideaway for).

Hideaway is running. iPlayer still tells me I am outside UK.

Using: Win10/internet explorer (not Edge)

Have cleared cache/history/most of cookies (but not favourites or saved form info). Restarted both IE and Hideaway several times. Explicitly allowed Hideaway to access net through Firewall incoming and outgoing. Standard Windows Firewall and Microsoft Defender, so no third-party probs (like with Kaspersky).

Any suggestions? Not impressed yet! (Long time Firetrust user, btw.)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Teething problems new user - Help file doesn't help

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:23 am

First thing to try, is activate the rule for Internet Explorer in HideAway and filter the entire browser through the UK. If that works, then it means the problem is definitely not your machine (Firewalls etc...)

I'll have a look now and see too if my IE will play via iPlayer all OK.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:33 am

Ah, this does look like it's our fault as it seems the BBC have made some slight changes from last time I looked.

Can you try this and confirm it works for you.

From My Rules click Add Rule >> click Create New Rule >> give the rule a name like BBC and select Website as the rule type >> in the domain field just enter bbc.com >> set the location to London >> Save Rule.

Be sure once you've created this rule, you disable the browser rule I mentioned in the earlier post. If you can let us know how you get on.

Thanks
alandben
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 am

Did both and it works now.

Can only play, because the downloads app doesn't install (hangs). Probably a Win 10 glitsch which BBC will fix asap. Downloads is only guaranteed up to Win 8.1.

Many thanks!

Alan.

Return to “HideAway”