Mailwasher through Hideaway

frankst237
Student Sheep

Mailwasher through Hideaway

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 am

Hello,

Is there any simple way to route all Mailwasher accessing of email accounts through one country so that it appears (to the actual mail servers e.g. Microsoft Outlook (hotmail) / Gmail and any others) that Mailwasher is trying to access them from one location e.g. the UK.

I have several emails of my own plus a couple that I monitor on behalf of small, voluntary organisations. Mailwasher is great for that BUT it does sometimes cause access / account locking problems because it appears to be accessing the individual accounts from a 'different' country / location to that expected by the actual mail server.

The problems lead to the account access being locked and security verification processes invoked. This is most common with Gmail and Microsoft Outlook (ex Hotmail).

If this is NOT possible, what advice is there to help with this problem on a single account by account basis (and I accept that this may become a Mailwasher issue!).

Thanks, Frank
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Mailwasher through Hideaway

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:12 am

Check out the help for creating a rule: http://cdn.firetrust.com/docs/hideaway/ ... basic_.htm

If you set up a rule for an application, in this case, MailWasherPro.exe, you should be able to direct all MailWasher traffic through a server in your preferred location.
Windows 10
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:49 am

Or you could create an Exclusion rule so all traffic from MailWasher is ignored, so email access will be regular to your own country/ISP
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 am

To add, to create an Exclusion rule, go into the Rules creation >> Advanced >> click the spanner icon to edit the rule, from there you can choose to Exlude by process name. And also you still need a rule name etc..
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (56.99 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
frankst237
Student Sheep

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 am

Thanks everyone - I had forgotten that a rule can be created for an application (must still be suffering the after effects of England's exit from the Rugby World Cup - don't laugh all you Kiwis!!).
Frank

Return to “HideAway”