Not Able To Get Internet Access

smcraver
It begins with a single step

Not Able To Get Internet Access

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 am

Hello,

I installed Hideaway VPN on my computer.... After installing I decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it from my computer... Now I am not able to connect to the internet...

I am running Vipre security and Windows 10... I have tried turning off all security and firewall from my computer to reinstall the Hideaway and am finding I am not even able to reinstall the Hideaway VPN without the following error... "Failed to download installation files, please check your firewall. Error: resolving hostname"...

I have shut off my security and firewall tried to reinstall and then turned it on and tried to reinstall and nothing is working... I am not able to connect to the internet and do not know what settings have changed on my computer that I need to change back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Not Able To Get Internet Access

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Just Vipre AntiVirus ? Not running anything Kaspersky related are you ?

What you want to do is go into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> under Network Adapters select any and press the Delete key >> answer Yes to the warning >> once removed then go Action >> Scan for hardware changes >> this will add your network adapter back.

Return to “HideAway”