Windows 10

Andrew42
Active Albatross

Windows 10

Wed May 18, 2016 2:11 am

Last week I "upgraded" from 7 to 10. As a result I am having to do a clean reinstallation of my whole PC. However until that happens later this month I am muddling along. Hideaway did not work so I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. During the reinstallation I got the attached error message. I ignored it and the installation went ahead but at the end I got an almost empty screen saying that HA was looking for an internet connection. Looking further it became clear that I no longer had a connection. I rebooted and the connection was restored. I ran Hideaway and all seems to be OK.

What does this error message mean and is it important?

Thanks
Attachments
Installation_Issue.jpg
Installation_Issue.jpg (41.42 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Windows 10

Wed May 18, 2016 2:08 pm

In the past when I've seen this it happens because a Lightweight Filter Driver is already installed, usually I need to select the location which would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firetrust\HideAway\instlwftmp\"

Windows 10 upgrading though does seem to create issue with the filter driver, requiring a reinstall, however I expect too the driver already being present meant you could disregard that message rather than browsing to the location of the hadriver.sys.

If it continues to happen there is a utility program we can look at, it can wipe out any and all HideAway drivers and then any reinstall would run as normal.
Andrew42
Active Albatross

Re: Windows 10

Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks. Let's just leave it for the moment. I have a complete PC reinstall coming up which will wipe everything in any event.

Return to “HideAway”