License Expiry / Renewal

fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Re: License Expiry / Renewal

Tue May 31, 2016 9:09 am

Just another question. :? Having just renewed and bought another license, I see that there is another update to Hideaway so I downloaded it. But how do I install this? The fuss I have just had to go through in trying to update to the latest version is incredibly annoying! :evil: I kind of remember what I had to do before. First of all I logged out and removed Hideaway and when I restarted, I couldn't get any internet connection at all. Luckily I did a system restore so went back to that before removing Hideaway. Then, having got back my internet connection I tried installing over the previous version, then got a window pop up saying that it needed further files to be downloaded asking me where it should get them! :shock: I tried the options it gave but it wouldn't accept them, so I cancelled it, then it proceeded to carry on installing, or so I thought. So lord knows what has gone on in doing THAT! :? Why make it like this?! :shock:
There is nothing that lasts for ever...
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue May 31, 2016 9:16 am

I probably wouldn't bother with the update, it's just to get around some problems with installing when you have Kaspersky Antivirus on your PC. We did have some problems with Win 10 initially and installations, which required restarts but hopefully that's behind us.

The next version of Hideaway is much smoother with updates.
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 am

nick.bolton wrote:I probably wouldn't bother with the update, it's just to get around some problems with installing when you have Kaspersky Antivirus on your PC. We did have some problems with Win 10 initially and installations, which required restarts but hopefully that's behind us.

The next version of Hideaway is much smoother with updates.
I'm glad to hear it, but I've done it now, or done something. :? But what happens if I decided to remove Hideaway altogether if I decided I didn't want it anymore? How do I get my internet connection back again after removing?
Last edited by fortuner on Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 am

It shouldn't break your internet connection after removing. But you could always restart your PC, or go to Network Connections, then click on your network device, click the button above it - 'Disable this network device', then 'enable this network device'.
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 am

nick.bolton wrote:It shouldn't break your internet connection after removing. But you could always restart your PC, or go to Network Connections, then click on your network device, click the button above it - 'Disable this network device', then 'enable this network device'.
I did try restarting but it still didn't work and I went to Network Connections but couldn't see what to do. But I'll try that I suppose.

Also,I thought that it was one license to one computer, but I see with the update, it says this:
http://www.firetrust.com/products/hidea ... imited-vpn
License to install on 3 computers. Includes 1 years use of all new versions, updates, real-time spam blocking and customer support for use with 3 computers

So have I just wasted money on buying another license? :shock:
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 am

License to install on 3 computers. Includes 1 years use of all new versions, updates, real-time spam blocking and customer support for use with 3 computers
This is for MailWasher Pro.

I right, I see - it's an error on our new website. We'll get that fixed shortly!
fortuner
Travelling Tuatara

Tue May 31, 2016 9:49 am

nick.bolton wrote:
This is for MailWasher Pro.

I right, I see - it's an error on our new website. We'll get that fixed shortly!
LOL I wondered why it said spam blocking! :lol:

Return to “HideAway”