Beta 3.3.0 Install Confusion

jgt1942
Travelling Tuatara

Beta 3.3.0 Install Confusion

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 am

I'm a longtime user of MailWasher Pro and noticed the beta for HideAway. I've been considering using VPN for personal use for several months but never did the research to complete the action. I was referring my brother to MailWasher Pro when and saw the info about HideAway and decided to give it a try. I will admit that at times I can get easily confused and this is true for HideAway. While I do a LOT of research on the internet when I install an application I expect it to be simple and straight forward and I do not expect that I have to do some research. As I installed HideAway I get to a screen that has me confused. There are two fields that I'm being prompted to supply "Redirect" and "To" and there is nothing to help me (OK I'm a dumb user) determine what the heck I should put in these two fields. I do see the info in the dropdowns and I selected "Redirect All Computer" and "Sydney, Australia" just because they are there. Several years ago I used a VPN application to connect to my employer and it was super easy to use, e.g. I just installed it and used it, other than a userid and PW I did not have to do anything to use it.

On another note how do I insert images in this forum? Several other forums I use this action is very straight forward and easy but that does not seem to be the case here.
jgt1942
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Beta 3.3.0 Install Confusion

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:15 am

jgt1942 wrote:There are two fields that I'm being prompted to supply "Redirect" and "To" and there is nothing to help me (OK I'm a dumb user) determine what the heck I should put in these two fields.
If you want HideAway to take effect on each and every app./program on your system, you can use the following:—
  • Redirect All Computer
If you want HideAway to take effect on any one of your Browsers/Torrent apps., use instead one the following of your choice:—
  • Redirect Google Chrome
  • Redirect Mozilla Firefox
  • Redirect Microsoft Internet Explorer
  • Redirect Microsoft Edge
  • Redirect Torrent Applications
jgt1942 wrote:On another note how do I insert images in this forum? Several other forums I use this action is very straight forward and easy but that does not seem to be the case here.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
jgt1942
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Beta 3.3.0 Install Confusion

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Very helpful reply! I now have hideaway running for all programs. Looking at it from the dumb users view it seems that I'd want it for all applications not just the browsers. My thinking is that I may use some application other than a browser that I want to stay hidden but as the dumb user I might not be aware that I'm not hidden. But if I install hideaway to hide all applications then I'm covered and I don't have to worry about if I'm hidden or not. Am I correct or totally lost?
jgt1942

Return to “HideAway”