Beta 3.3.0 is it working

jgt1942
Travelling Tuatara

Beta 3.3.0 is it working

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 pm

OK another set of dumb user questions.
Now that I have hideaway configured (redirect all computer), I picked LA as the redirect and started hideaway how do I know it is working correctly? And if it is working how do I know how effective it is? How can I test?

How do I hide or minimize the hideaway window? Why would I not run it all the time and minimize the window or just have it in the systray?

How do I know if an update is available?

How do I know if I'm IPv6 or IPv4 connected. It seems that this should be displayed on the hideaway window.

Is the development team using Agile or waterfall development?
jgt1942
DaveTheSteam
It begins with a single step

Re: Beta 3.3.0 is it working

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 am

Hello,

You need an IP checker, try:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

I've just tried a few 'destinations' and checked them with this and alll look OK except Switzerland displays somewhere in Croatia??????? I just changed the redirect (after stopping and then starting afterwards) and then refreshed the page - bingo a new IP address.

David
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Sorry jgt1942, I missed this thread
jgt1942 wrote:OK another set of dumb user questions.
Now that I have hideaway configured (redirect all computer), I picked LA as the redirect and started hideaway how do I know it is working correctly? And if it is working how do I know how effective it is? How can I test?
As DaveTheSteam noted above, there are a number of sites that will tell you your IP address/location to test with.

jgt1942 wrote:How do I hide or minimize the hideaway window? Why would I not run it all the time and minimize the window or just have it in the systray?
In the present beta we don't add a startup shortcut, so it does need to be activated manually. The minimise button '_' top right sends HideAway into the TaskBar, the close button 'x' sends HideAway to the System Tray. Exist HideAway through right clicking the System Tray icon and select Quit.

jgt1942 wrote:How do I know if an update is available?
Updates are automatically downloaded, on the main screen it will tell you if an update is ready and the program needs to be restarted.

jgt1942 wrote:How do I know if I'm IPv6 or IPv4 connected. It seems that this should be displayed on the hideaway window.
At present, London, Oregon and Switzerland servers are not IPv6 capable. Eventually all with be however.

jgt1942 wrote:Is the development team using Agile or waterfall development?
Very much an agile approach for HideAway.
jgt1942
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 am

Dave, much thanks for the URL https://whatismyipaddress.com/ with it I was able to confirm that Hideaway is working. :)

rusticdog - in that the team is using Agile Development why don't we see more frequent updates? What is the size of your sprint?
jgt1942
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

The stuff the guys are doing now is quite intensive, a lot of work on the backend, once that does get squared away we'll start seeing some more updates.

Return to “HideAway”