London server not working?

mqbssnwh
Rattled Rabbit

London server not working?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi,
Was using Hideaway 3.6.0 fine on Friday but an automatic update occurred on Saturday and now can't connect via the London server. All other servers appear to be working okay but I'm in Spain at the moment and want to watch UK tv so need to go via London. Is the server down? Tried reinstalling a previous version (3.0.0) but didn't help.
Thanks
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: London server not working?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 am

Sorry about this, our host migrated our stuff to a new server with 30 mins notice (while we were asleep). So, we're going to update HideAway with a new build later today with the new server details and some other new stuff. You'll get it automatically.
mqbssnwh
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks Nick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Ok, It's available again but they've given us a new IP address (no possibility to use the old one) so it's not working with BBC iPlayer until it's been updated that it's actually in London (it used to be in France). Hopefully we'll get it working with iPlayer soon
bgarries
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 am

Still having issue with London server with 3.9. I restarted my computer after the update, but still not working.

With iPlayer, it doesn't give in the graphic screen, list a listing of links down the side. It's also just stalled with "establishing a secure connection".

With My4 (Channel 4) The logon screen pop-up is blank and nothing is showing about waiting for any connection or page.

With My5 (Channel 5) I can log on but the popup to view some program selections never appears.

Windows 10 (latest build) and Chrome browser.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:49 am

So are the pages not fully loading? Is that what you're saying?

Does this happen with other websites when you're connected to London?

iPlayer won't work at the moment anyway, I've checked, but it should load the entire page
bgarries
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Channel 4 and Channel 5 load full pages at the start, but then stop at certain points like logon or viewing a video. IPlayer is the one not loading a full page.
I will continue to check these sites over the next few days and keep you posted.

By the way, when I had trouble with version 3.8 not working, I went back to 3.6 and things worked. Once the auto update kicked in then the problems arose.
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm using 3.9.0 and can get iPlayer and Channel 4 to load OK but, although the location for both says London, when I press Play the response is that the service is not available in my area.
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
bgarries
Student Sheep

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:06 am

All 3 sites are now loading properly for me. As noted in other posts, the issue still remains as the server is not considered as being in the UK.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:01 am

Ok thanks for letting us know.

About the area being wrong, BBC iPlayer actively tries to disable any hosts like ours because they realise most people trying to access it are from out of the UK. So, if we do get it working and they find out, then they may try to block our IP address.
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:08 am

Do you think you will be able to get it working again Nick? I'm feeling very sad not being able to watch the UK shows any more :cry:
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:12 am

Same here! Hopefully we can, otherwise we need to find another server/host
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks for all your good work ... I know you're doing your best in a difficult situation.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:36 am

The new version 3.10.0 has a dedicated BBC iPlayer option so that will work for you all. Also, there's a Netflix USA option as well.

Nick
bgarries
Student Sheep

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Nick.

Thanks for your continued work on this product. Version 3.10 is still not allowing me to connect to iPlayer. In fact, I'm back to just getting a text screen and it's stuck again on "establishing a secure connection".
If there anything I can do for you to help debug the program to see why it's not connecting?
Regards,
Brent
Calgary Alberta Canada

Return to “HideAway”