London server not working?

poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Re: London server not working?

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks Nick, it's working for me too now and I don't get the DRM message now either.

Luckily I have a spare laptop which I'll keep with the changed location settings just to watch All4 until hopefully your programmers find a solution! :ninja
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!
FrankP
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Nick,

I'm a long term customer of Mailwasher Pro but new to Hideaway. I have read this topic, installed 3.11 beta and been playing.

I cannot get BBC Iplayer to work. I start HA, select "Watch BBC iplayer", start the redirect and then start Chrome. I can get to where it doesn't reject me for not being in UK, and can browse programs, but when I try to play one I get an endless rotating circle and no progress. Win 7 fully updated and Chrome likewise.

In Firefox (updated) I get the same results as bgarries posted on Aug 3 on Page 2,

With Opera (updated), iplayer thinks I'm not in UK but, as with Firefox and Chrome, I have location disabled.

Any help appreciated

Regards
Frank
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:32 am

Hi Frank

What about if you just redirect your entire computer to the UK server. Does it work then?
FrankP
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:12 am

Hi Nick,

No, that doesn't work - iPlayer then thinks I'm not in UK. That's why I use the "Watch BBC iPlayer" option.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 am

I'm not sure what's happening, but in the next version we'll have logging so that should tell us.

One thing you could try, as it might be that the driver did not install correctly - go to redirect your whole computer to Sydney, Australia, and then go to your web browser, reload and go to go to https://ipinfo.io/

It should show
ip: "108.61.168.213"
hostname: "AU1.firetrust.com"
city: "Sydney"
region: "New South Wales"

If not, then shut your browser and reload and try again.

If that still doesn't work, then shut Hideaway down, uninstall HideAway, restart your computer and reinstall HideAway.
FrankP
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 am

Nick,

I did that and it all comes up as described.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Frank
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Ok great. Good we were able to resolve this. Thanks for letting me know.
FrankP
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm

nick.bolton wrote:Ok great. Good we were able to resolve this. Thanks for letting me know.
G'day Nick,

I think my previous reply was ambiguous.

I did what you said about redirecting to Sydney and got

ip: "108.61.168.213"
hostname: "AU1.firetrust.com"
city: "Sydney"
region: "New South Wales"

so that part is good.

I still cannot get past the turning circle at BBC iPlayer.

Cheers

Frank
bgarries
Student Sheep

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 am

Hi Nick.

Even with all the Hide Away updates since my August post, I'm still getting the same results when trying to access iPlayer. It's still text and I cannot download or watch anything. Have used the iPlayer selection and also connect all computer but both give the same results.

One thing I would like to point out is that I'm connected to the internet through IPV6. This isn't anything I can change as my ISP is making this connection this way.

Regards,
Brent
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:37 am

Hi Brent, that will be it. Our UK servers are the only ones not IPv6 capable, we'll need to migrate to IPv6 servers. I'll get that rolling now - shouldn't take too long and I'll notify you when it's done so you can try again.

Thanks for that info.
bgarries
Student Sheep

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 am

Hi Nick.

Screen flow now works great! The only thing that is still an issue is that the downloads still fail. I know you are working on that, but I thought I should let you know that the IVp6 change fixed the screen flow.
Cheers, Brent
poundgirl
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm

bgarries, in the meantime you could try using get_iplayer to download but you need to set All Computer' to UK instead of BBC iplayer so the program works.

I actually prefer to use it as you save shows to your hard drive and so the downloads don't expire unlike the BBC ones!
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

Return to “HideAway”