Small problem with Gmail since upgrade to 3.14.0

dinsdale
It begins with a single step

Small problem with Gmail since upgrade to 3.14.0

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:09 am

Hi,

I like Hideaway and it works very well for me, with a 10%-ish speed increase over my paid VPN program. I use Mailwasher Pro to monitor my ISP email account and another at Gmail. When not using VPN, or using my paid VPN program or Hideaway 3.12.0 redirected to my home country, everything worked correctly. Since the recent upgrade to 3.14.0 I now receive a security alert from Gmail when checking for mail and a sound from Mailwasher Pro to indicate the failed request.

It's not a big deal as I can either close Mailwasher Pro when using Hideaway or use my paid VPN program but it seems as though Gmail is reacting to a perceived request from another country as this is what has happened in the past if I've used a VPN program with non-domestic servers.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Small problem with Gmail since upgrade to 3.14.0

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 am

Hi,

We did make a change to our UK servers in 3.14.0 so that might be it. Gmail is pretty picky when you try and access it from a different location, so you have to go through the route of confirming that it is you.

After the next release, we'll add in filters which will let you ignore Gmail.com (or any program/website) so you'll not get those notifications. It means you'll see be redirected to another location, but Gmail.com for example will stay located at your home.

Return to “HideAway”