New-user questions

schnief
Prudent Pukeko
Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

New-user questions

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 am

Hi from Berlin,

It's a lazy Sunday, and I have nothing to do, so I'm thinking of downloading and installing HideAway. :shock:

As some of you might know, I'm a long-time user of MailWasher, but this is my very first venture into the world of VPNs.

Aside from being visible when online, my internet experience is generally problem free, so I'm really not sure how I stand to benefit from using a VPN. As I said, though, I really don't have anything to do today. :snore

Question 1.
Does HideAway only affect the computer on which it's installed or all computers on a local (home) network? All the machines are running Win 7 Pro x64.

Question 2.
I saw that someone asked a question about the Waterfox browser. I use the PaleMoon and Basilisk browsers; does anyone know whether they work OK with HideAway?

Question 3.
https://www.hideway.eu/vpn_server/english/
Am I correct in my understanding that the above site has nothing to do with Firetrust Hideaway? I must confess that I find it weird that two products with the same name exist in the world of VPN.

It's also problematic when looking for tests or reviews, e.g. https://vpnbase.com/vpn-services/hideway-vpn-reviews/

Question 4.
I just came across this:
ImageDoes the paid version still exist, or is the Softpedia page merely out of date?

Thank you.
MWP on nine computers, six with Win 10 Pro 2H22 x64 and three with Win 7 Pro SP-1 x64. All have Norton Security.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: New-user questions

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:21 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the questions! One other benefit of a VPN is getting/viewing content from other countries.

1. HideAway only affects the computer on which it's installed. We don't have a version for routers (yet).
2. If you wanted to redirect your entire computer, then any browser you use would work under HideAway. It's just if you wanted to redirect only those browsers and nothing else on your computer, then currently they're not in there as an option. But we'll have custom filters in there soon which will let you add any in.
3. Slight difference in name. Hideway vs HideAway
4. I'll have to get in touch with Softpedia, that's a very old version we had which won't work anymore. Well, you can't buy it anyway.
schnief
Prudent Pukeko
Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: New-user questions

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 am

OK, thank you very much.
MWP on nine computers, six with Win 10 Pro 2H22 x64 and three with Win 7 Pro SP-1 x64. All have Norton Security.

Return to “HideAway”