HideAway v. 4.00

LuckyPhill
Student Sheep

HideAway v. 4.00

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi Nick
After a rebooting my computer & restarting HideAway it automatically updated to v. 4.00, all good mate, very pleased to see (I assume) you now only redirect to the Netherlands Server thus solving the "blank screen issue". My biggest problem with your VPN is that I have to choose either my FireFox browser (or) Torrent - I really need to have both apps covered at the same time, not just one or the other. I also observe that my ISP can still tell how many Gig I'm downloading, although I assume thanks to HideAway they now can't see "what I'm downloading?" I've decided to stick with "HideAway" even when it's a charged VPN because I "trust FireTrust not to log users activity.

I genuinely look toward further updates in due course 8)

Lucky Phill (Melbourne, Australia)
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: HideAway v. 4.00

Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Lucky Phill

Good to hear it updated all ok. If you select 'All Computer' then you'll be covered for Torrents and Firefox at the same time. But we'll have filters in a future update which will allow you to select only those two together, plus any others you want. If you select 'All Computer' then you'll also be covered for DNS leaks as well as those come from other programs on your computer such as Windows services.

Yes your ISP can tell how many gigs you're downloading, but not what you're download or even where from. We didn't build any logging in to it, so we can't even turn on logging because it doesn't exist :)
LuckyPhill
Student Sheep

Re: HideAway v. 4.00

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks Nick, that'll teach me to read more carefully "all the options" in future LOL, I've now chosen "all computer", I've also observed that the various servers list is back! All good mate. Overall I'm one very happy "Lucky Phill". 8)

Return to “HideAway”