Hideaway startup.

penguinjoe
Rattled Rabbit

Hideaway startup.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:11 am

I am a licensed user of hideaway 4.10. I find that in order to get hideaway to start up automagically I need to put the shortcut in my startup folder. On top of that it does not reuse my last connection preferences (Whole computer, server location and activated).

This leaves me with a security hole if I fail to explicitly start the programs and select scope and location every time I restart my system. I feel this needs to be addressed.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Hideaway startup.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback, it's definitely on our list to do very soon. We've just got a few other bits to work on.

We'll be also adding filters in there, so they work as soon as you turn on your computer to, for example work with torrents, exclude sites from being redirected, block others etc
minkmoke
It begins with a single step

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 pm

This is a surprise as your website clearly says

"IT’S CONNECTIONLESS!
This is awesome. It means HideAway is always on. Unlike a VPN where you have to start it up, wait 10 seconds for it to connect, then shut it down when you’re finished. HideAway is always working, and combined with the flexibility of custom filters to split up your internet traffic and direct it to different countries simultaneously, you never need to turn it off. "

So are you now saying this is incorrect?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:06 am

Ahh, thanks for letting us know about that error in the text - we'll adjust that. The filters are coming - they're in there but just not exposed in the user interface yet.

Return to “HideAway”