London UK

Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

London UK

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am

Trying to connect whole computer to London to download some BBC stuff.
BBC says not in UK and whatismyip say:
Your Public IPv4 is: 95.179.199.228
Your IPv6 is: Not Detected
ISP: Choopa LLC

Any ideas please :shock:
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: London UK

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi

Use the pre-selected BBC iPlayer to watch BBC stuff. The other UK server is fast, but it's blocked by BBC.

Also, use a real-time IP address lookup service like https://ipinfo.io/ as that will be up to date.
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Nick

I always used the 'All Computer' option in the past as I want to download things from BBC - iplayer then allows watching without any connection.

If I use the pre-selected BBC iplayer to try downloads I get the message "DASH manifest failed"

Thanks
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look at managing the download then, plus I know Radio doesn't work on that either. It's just a matter of us adding some rules to pick these up.
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks - great it can be addressed.
Please let me/us know when available :)
watsonm
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Nick,
I am in the UK and usually have the redirection set to all computer , UK.
As a test I set it to BBC Iplayer and using https://www.grc.com/shieldsup and https://ipinfo.io/ I got the same ip address as not using Hideaway at all.
Is this normal since I am in the UK. I would have thought it would still "hide" my IP. Obviously not a major issue for me but wanted to point it out.

This is using 4.2.1

Regards Mike
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

watsonm wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm
Nick,
I am in the UK and usually have the redirection set to all computer , UK.
As a test I set it to BBC Iplayer and using https://www.grc.com/shieldsup and https://ipinfo.io/ I got the same ip address as not using Hideaway at all.
Is this normal since I am in the UK. I would have thought it would still "hide" my IP. Obviously not a major issue for me but wanted to point it out.

This is using 4.2.1

Regards Mike
If you have HA set to iPlayer only, then yes this would be expected as it won't be redirecting the traffic for either the GRC or IPINFO domains. If you are seeing the behaviour when redirecting the whole machine, then something isn't right.
watsonm
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 am

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Mike
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am

Update
Today tried the redirect whole computer to London again for BBC downloads & still same result - denied - as expected.

BUT good news when I tried the download with the iplayer redirect it now works :D :D
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 am

Ah yes, sorry forgot to update you on this. We added iPlayer Downloads and Radio so they work now. So just use that selection as it uses a different server than the banned London one.
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am

Many thanks :bow :bow :bow
g6radio
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 pm

Gday all

I have done some more testing and there is no way I can now get iplayer either with "watch iplayer" direct or selecting "all computer' to London.

I am sure Kaspersky internet security is causing this.

I do not want to remove Kaspersky.

Is there any idea if this can be overcome?

is there an IOS version planned for future?

thank you

g6
Jancux
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 am

Hi everybody,
I am a long time satisfied user of Kaspersky and have no issues/conflicts with it and HideAway whatsoever.
Using “Watch BBC iplayer” I can effortless watch and cast to my TV any of the BBC’s outputs.
Obviously not an issue with Kaspersky!

Using “Redirect All Computer” does not work at all producing the following:-

“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. In the UK? Here's some advice.”
Hope this helps.

Keep up the good work HA
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for both of your reports. We've tried with Kaspersky and iPlayer and it seems the Kaspersky web antivirus is causing issues (for us) with iPlayer too. We've been trying to think of a solution and might have one in a couple of weeks.

And yes, an IOS and Android version is in the works!
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 am

Forgive my ignorance on this matter but I also run Kaspersky Total Security, can you clarify that if using the "Watch BBC iPlayer" option in HideAway should you still be required to sign into iPlayer or is it supposed to bypass login and play any content selected. Only as Jancux posted I also have no issues/conflicts with it and HideAway, but iPlayer still will not play without logging in to view content first.

If this is normal behavior to have to login first, is it just the ip-address that will be scrambled/masked by Hideaway. Hope that makes sense :help

Return to “HideAway”