Error message on v4.3.2

Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Error message on v4.3.2

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:43 pm

When selecting "Watch BBC iplayer" and tick 'don't redirect my email' the message "Unable to find location:0" pops up.
If you click ok it looks ok but the redirect does not seem to work.
undoing the email option fixes the redirect but by then BBC has dropped its markers and you have to clear or go incognito.

Don't know why you would want the email option on this screen but if its there we will fiddle :devil
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Error message on v4.3.2

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Oh right, I'm not seeing that error. Can you show me a screenshot? I don't think BBC lets you go incognito to watch iPlayer.

We added that option to not redirect email in there because some people were having issues with Gmail etc complaining when they switched location. It's temporary until we change the user interface to allow it as one of the many rules you can have enabled simultaneously.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Ok, we can replicate it :) Fix coming soon.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Give this a try
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/hide ... -setup.exe

It should fix the issue
Paraf
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:42 am

Fixed worked - error gone with update - thanks

I have used incognito with BBC/iplayer for a long time. I switch mode if I accidentally went to BBC and did not have Hideaway redirect so location cookies are blocking (quicker than cleaning cookies). It has always worked for me but I normally do downloads via iplayer & watch offline. Maybe direct feed via iplayer is a little different.
Thanks again for these fast fixes :bow :bow :bow

Return to “HideAway”