Click "Properties"
Click "Security"
and take some screenshots of the permissions etc

Also, go to Advanced and take screenshots too
RGC
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Installation failure.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 am

I already tried the "run as administrator" option to no avail.
Attachments
Security.JPG
Security.JPG (74.94 KiB) Viewed 4623 times
Advanced.JPG
Advanced.JPG (91.08 KiB) Viewed 4623 times
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 pm

I have to say we're stumped on this one. All the permissions are ok, but it's saying otherwise. We'd really have to be able to replicate the issue on our side to fix it, but we don't know how to get to that point sorry.
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Having the same issue, upgraded two identical laptops from windows 7 to windows 10 and HideAway would not work on either laptop after upgrade.

Uninstalled HideAway and deleted all folders in Users folder etc and reinstalled the latest version on both machines, one installed okay and the other gave the same error messages as this thread and failed to install.

I will send you the squirrel logs and another log for the successful install and the squirrel log for the failed install and send them to forum@firetrust.com

I'm running KIS Total Security and have tried with KIS disabled but still no joy, as I said the laptops are identical so it is most likely something to do with the windows 10 upgrade where all files and programmes were kept during the upgrade, did not do a clean install on either.

Log Files Sent to forum@firetrust.com

Thankyou
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 pm

What happens if you try to run the installer as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8? (try both)

We'd just tried to run the installer as Administrator in the past. Right click on the installer and select Properties, then Compatibility tab and select Windows 7.
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:51 am

nick.bolton wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 pm
What happens if you try to run the installer as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8? (try both)

We'd just tried to run the installer as Administrator in the past. Right click on the installer and select Properties, then Compatibility tab and select Windows 7.
Running them both on Widows 7 and 8 compatibility mode and with the installer as Administrator still doesn't work,
Windows 7 an 8 compatibility mode Screen Shot 11-27-19 at 03.35 PM.JPG
Windows 7 an 8 compatibility mode Screen Shot 11-27-19 at 03.35 PM.JPG (343 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Log Files Sent to forum@firetrust.com
sparkyspark
Student Sheep

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 am

Just noticed there was an update to version 4.4.0 on the machine that was working okay, so tried it on the problem laptop that would not run the installer and hey presto it's now allowed the install and HideAway 4.4.0 is working as it should.

Don't know what'schanged to allow it to install this time but thanks for the update guys, solved it for me at least :D
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:21 am

Oh that's interesting. We changed the digital certificate for the installer to one from a company which has been around for longer (Digicert) than the one we were using. Odd if it's just that, but glad that it's working.

Return to “HideAway”