It's renewal time, but...

iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

It's renewal time, but...

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 am

I'd like to keep supporting the development of Hideaway, but I still get this sort of hassle far too often...
Stan.blocked.jpg
Stan.blocked.jpg (108.98 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
...so I'm wondering what benefit I'm going to be getting over the next twelve months if I pay the subscription which is about 50% higher than the first year. I still can't use Hideaway on my mobile or my iPad - I have had to subscribe to Comodo VPN at extra expense for them. I just don't think Hideaway is ready for primetime. Sorry.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: It's renewal time, but...

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Fair call. We just have to add these video networks in to our system, and I'd forgotten about Stan tv. So we can add that in (along with Channel 10 which we've been asked for).
We did give a discount in the first year, and we've dropped the price this year by $10, and an Android version is on the way soon - but iPad will be further off.

Everyone uses a VPN for different things, a lot for videos as you mention, and others leave it on for security/privacy which we've mainly focused on, but we were talking today that we'll need to start supporting all these video streaming networks. So that's what we'll be doing.
g6radio
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 pm

You have to pay for stan tv... are you on a free trial etc?

Are you in australia?

Will they allow people overseas to buy stan subscription?

If i amortise the renewal cost...My next subscription to hideaway would cost me about 16.4 aussie cents per day.. a bargain.

I am in australia and i flatly refuse to pay rich companies to to watch their online TV.

16.4 cents per day is excellent..
iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 am

You have to pay for stan tv... are you on a free trial etc? - Yes. I'm seeing that there's a lot of old stuff on Stan so I'll opt out when the free 30 days are up. Netflix is better anyway.

Are you in australia? - Yes

Will they allow people overseas to buy stan subscription? - Doubt it

If i amortise the renewal cost...My next subscription to hideaway
would cost me about 16.4 aussie cents per day.. a bargain. - I'm more interested in security. I just want to leave it running, but what I'm finding is that a LOT of sites can see that a VPN is in use and block me, so I have to turn it off, then I forget I've done that and leave my connection exposed! Mailwasher is great, but Hideaway is a nuisance by comparison. If it just did it's job quietly and invisibly all the time I'd be happy to pay.

I am in australia and i flatly refuse to pay rich companies to to watch their online TV. - I like watching with no ads.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:07 am

>> I forget I've done that and leave my connection exposed! Mailwasher is great, but Hideaway is a nuisance by comparison. If it just did it's job quietly and invisibly all the time I'd be happy to pay.

We'll be releasing a version soon which lets you create rules, so you can whitelist, or ignore websites or apps or redirect them to different locations. Then you won't ever need to turn it off
iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 am

Let me know when you have it ready please :thumbsup

Incidentally, I have notifications turned on for this and all my posts here, but I don't get any :thumbsdown
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:19 am

Check the notifications options here that it is set to email you ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:22 am

I have all the Email column options ticked except "Someone creates...".
Why are there two columns identically titled "Notifications"? That's confusing.
Perhaps all you need there are two columns; one titled "Online Notifications" and the other "Email notifications".
The current "Email" column seems redundant if it doesn't do anything on it's own O_o

... Update
I ticked the same boxes in the second Notifications column, Submit.
The control panel reopens and they're unticked! FFS!

Return to “HideAway”