This does work? Right?

cynical gamer
It begins with a single step

This does work? Right?

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:55 am

Hi

I bought Hideaway after a few friends said it was easy to use, literally install, select options, and connect. After buying it a few days ago, that was how it seemed to be (however call me stupid if needed) I didn't check I was hidden I just assumed it was working because lets just say it allowed access to sites previously blocked by my ISP.

Well today I was checking these torrential rain sites and one said that 'your IP is visible' and it was indeed showing my IP and location. I double checked I had Hideaway running, I had 'redirect entire computer' selected and a different location but a quick 'whats my IP' check on chrome still showed my actual IP and location. I have tried it with both redirect chrome and computer.

Am I missing something easy? I'm not huge with tech stuff, it's why I chose this allegedly 'simple' one. I'm with Virgin media in the UK. I'm not having a go but I would like to know I'm properly hidden.

Cheers
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: This does work? Right?

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 am

Hi

This is really odd, and sorry it's happened. Can you tell me what antivirus programs you're using and what Windows version you're using too?

Does an uninstall, restart PC, and a re-install of HideAway fix it?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: This does work? Right?

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 am

It appears Malwarebytes web protection is getting in the way and causing issues, we actually spent quite a bit of time on this last month and ‘fixed’ it but they appear to have done any update again and we’re back to square one. You can turn off web protection in Malwarebytes and then restart MalwareBytes and HideAway will work properly.

We’ll try and ‘fix’ it asap

Return to “HideAway”