Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:24 pm

No apologies for content. Anything you can do about Prime please? :barf
Prime - blocking HideAway.jpg
Prime - blocking HideAway.jpg (75.86 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Prime blocking HideAway...

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Which country is Prime in? Can you let us know what the URL for prime is as well?

Thanks
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:54 pm

Forgot to come back to this - of course it's Amazon Prime. We'll take a look
MangoHead
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:03 am

Any solutions coming soon?
I see the problem still exist.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 am

If you connect to 'Watch USA TV' option in the dropdown list it should be working.
MangoHead
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 am

Thanks very much for the quick response.!!

I am testing using a trial and was also wondering if the interface and options will be the same or different once i subscribe. I am hoping to have a different interface and/or more options?
One of my concern is having to disconnect first before switching to the various options - like from: "Redirect my Computer" to "Watch USA TV...". Isn't encryption off between that period and therefore unsafe?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 am

We're hoping to release an update end of this week which lets you select a bunch of rules that you need. So you'll be able to have this 'Watch USA TV' option going, plus for example, have Google Chrome go to Australia, except your email which goes through UK and so on, all simultaneously. So the user interface will change quite a lot to let you select all these rules how you want them
MangoHead
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:51 am

Sounds great!
A kill switch would eliminate my concern. Is one included ?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 am

The kill switch is built in and always active. I guess we should put an actual thing in the app since people ask about this a bit.
MangoHead
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:32 am

I don't see how that is possible.for it to be always active if i have to disconnect and then reconnect. I just tested it and the period in which i disconnect to choose another option and reconnect, unfortunately exposes my personal IP address.

Now having a indicator that the kill switch is active would be a big plus but i would like to see the process automatic from going from option1 to option2 with VPN still enabled (and/or a kill switch preventing leaks - no network activities This would be better option than the current option1 then disconnect and then option2.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:58 am

Yes, the current version is not as favorable this way, but that's a good idea of not having to disconnect first (why didn't we think of this) - that's why the new version will let you have multiple rules active at the same time, and you won't have to disconnect/connect.

The 'Watch USA TV' just uses some different servers in the USA, so you could just connect to them all the time, but they're not as fast as the other servers.
MangoHead
Mystified Moa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:59 pm

I have tried and extensively tested quite a few VPN services (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, SurfShark, WindScribe, CyberGhost, ProtonVPN, IPVanish - to name a few) and i must say , I have never come across one this fast. I don't know if it is the AEAD encryption, the servers, or a combo of the two and/or other factors, but never have i gotten over 60% of my non-VPN speed with these other VPN service . With Hideaway, I get over 85% of my non-VPN speed consistently. It is so awesome , i still don't believe it and i have been in IT for over 30+ yrs. You know i plan to investigate further.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Good to hear! Yes it's designed to be very fast, and it will always be fast as the web moves to HTML3 and beyond whereas other VPNs are stuck on wrapping up TCP inside UDP and won't be able to take advantage of new web technologies. Plus there's lots of other techniques we're doing too, and we're not finished yet - as there's plenty more to work on.
iamjaydear
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:43 pm

nick.bolton wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 am
If you connect to 'Watch USA TV' option in the dropdown list it should be working.
I get this message "Based outside of the U.S.? Some titles might be unavailable in your current location. Go to PrimeVideo.com to see the video catalog available in Australia." :?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:51 pm

Can you shut down your web browser and try again. It shouldn't be telling you to go to the Australian prime site if you're connected to USA.

Return to “HideAway”