Change connection

AGEFFEN
Rattled Rabbit

Change connection

Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:01 am

How do i change my connection from say US Texas to Mexico or Russia or anything other than what i originally chose. I can't seem to find a way to do that.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Change connection

Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:40 am

Hi

Click the 'Disconnect' button, then you'll be back to the drop down where it asks what you want to redirect (All Computer, Google Chrome etc) and then it will show the locations you can select from.

Then press 'Connect'
AGEFFEN
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 am

That's true if you change what you are blocking... but if you are blocking torrent applications lets say and disconnect. When you go to reconnect, you do not get a new choice.

I need the capability to change connection on the fly
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 am

Ok, we can't change them on the fly but we're introducing filters soon so you can setup a bunch of filters that run all at the same time, so you could redirect Google Chrome to Italy, but Gmail goes to USA, some other application goes to New Zealand and so on.

Also, if you are connected with ALL COMPUTER to a country and want to use Torrents, we're still going to redirect those torrents to a torrent friendly country anyway - we can't risk getting our servers blocked.
AGEFFEN
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 am

Here's my problem. If i travel to Mexico and want to access my youtube tv subscription, i need a connection in Dallas, TX. If i set the redirect for the computer to Dallas, TX and am in a foreign country and want to access local stuff, i need to be able to change that connection to be where i am and then back when i want to watch us tv. I don;t think i can do that now. I was able to do that with PIA.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:06 am

Oh I see ( I think), yes you can do that.

If you're connected to Dallas, TX then click Disconnect, and select a different location (local perhaps), and then press Connect.

We don't have a server in Mexico yet.

Also, I spoke to one of the developers and we will be able to connect to a different location without disconnecting first in the next version - we just can't accomlpish this with the current user interface.
AGEFFEN
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 am

nick.bolton wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:06 am
Oh I see ( I think), yes you can do that.

If you're connected to Dallas, TX then click Disconnect, and select a different location (local perhaps), and then press Connect.

We don't have a server in Mexico yet.

Also, I spoke to one of the developers and we will be able to connect to a different location without disconnecting first in the next version - we just can't accomlpish this with the current user interface.
So i have tried that and it doesnt work that way unfortunately. FWIW i used Mexico as an example, although as a resident of Texas, Mexico is a frequent destination. With PIA on my devices, if i was in the US, i could switch connections on the fly to be in Dallas or in Los Angeles or New York so i could pick up local tv. In a foreign country, i need to be able to change my server on the fly to "whereever" so i can accomplish what i need to.
The new interface sounds like it will fix my problem.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

In HideAway press Disconnect, choose a new location, then press Connect.

Return to “HideAway”